Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2.5i Subaru Outback 2009
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my crankshaft pully is wack and wobbly. I don't believe its loss or anything is bent but maybe unbalanced. When I changed timing belt it looked about perished. So I just want to slap an under pully kit on to put less strain on motor. My OB is 2009 2.5 non turbo. I'm having trouble finding a site that seems legit that sales a kit. Any suggestions out there? Looking to spend less than $150

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Two very good companies. I just bought a perrin crank pulley and love it, my buddy has a grimm speed crank pully and he loves his. Both very good parts. Just pick the one you like and buy it. Both are priced similar.

·
Registered
2.5i Subaru Outback 2009
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two very good companies. I just bought a perrin crank pulley and love it, my buddy has a grimm speed crank pully and he loves his. Both very good parts. Just pick the one you like and buy it. Both are priced similar.

What model did select for your outback for perrin?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
The part number is all the same throughout. A 2.5 crank pulley is a 2.5 crank pulley. Just make sure you get the one with a/c.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
129 Posts
You may find that your lights will dim at stops. You might have to find an overdrive pulley for the alternator. It's an interdendent system.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,030 Posts
Is the Subaru design just a single piece pulley and not a two-piece harmonic balancer?

·
Registered
'03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl, base model with cold weather package and cloth seats.
1,045 Posts
It works and it lasts. I have over 390K miles on mine....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts