Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback Limited - H4 2.5
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 1989 lincoln town car, and when I replaced the wiper blades on that car, I got Trico NeoForms, both left and right are 18 inch. Well that car died and I scrapped it, but the blades were like new, and when I got my outback, the wipers on it were terrible, so I put the blades on it. The Trico website says that the ob needs 20 and 22 inch wipers in front, but the 18s work alright, and they clear enough of the winshield to see. Is there any problem with running shorter than spec blades? Also, the rear blade needs replacing, and i was considering getting the 22 inch for the drivers side, and moving the 18 to the rear. Does anyone know if the larger blade will work properly in the rear?

Thanks,
-Charlie

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,708 Posts
there's a very nice trico (14B I think) for the rear - I doubt 18 will work.

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
For the price, just buy a new one. You can get cheap wipers from wallmart that fit the rear for like $6 bucks.

·
Registered
2001 Outback Limited - H4 2.5
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, a faster response than I expected. Euchre, that linked post answered my questions. Thanks

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
I ordered several (like 3) rear wiper blades online from a Subaru Dealer in Washington State (Bruce Titus - excellent business, prompt service: Tacoma Subaru | New Subaru & Used Car Dealer in Tacoma, WA).

I was going to get just one, then checked the shipping amount. When I got one or two or three, the shipping was still minimal (the same for each number of blades). Four blades bumped up the shipping. So, I purchased three OEM brand new blades with minimal shipping about three years ago. I still have the first one on the car with two more stored in my basement workshop. I keep an eye on the rear one, as I don't use it often, but the rubber squeegee part that rides on the window became separated without notice! I want to be ready, say, in a storm, if there is a separation to immediately replace the rear blade, not having to wait for one or paying through the nose for one at the local dealer!

I believe the total for three, shipped, was about $26. Don't forget, these are Subaru OEM's, not some chinese crap from 'Wallyworld' where the most expensive wipers I could find were $6.99 and when I installed them on the front, during a heavy rain, there was nothing but streaks. Upon investigating the squeegee that rides on the glass, I found imperfections which caused the numerous streaks -:28:- the riding edge was cut in such a way, a first-grader must have been using dull scissors to cut the rubber edge, they were one of the worst things I have ever purchased!:mad:

After that experience:(, I don't trust anything from there that could possibly damage my engine:confused: - or some other high-ticket item just by trying to save a few bucks!:mad: My two year-old wiper blades that I was throwing away (replacing) actually worked better than the BRAND NEW 'WALLYWORLD' BLADES!

Sorry, now I am off my :soapbox:!

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,708 Posts
I ordered several (like 3) rear wiper blades online from a Subaru Dealer in Washington State (Bruce Titus - excellent business, prompt service: Tacoma Subaru | New Subaru & Used Car Dealer in Tacoma, WA).

I was going to get just one, then checked the shipping amount. When I got one or two or three, the shipping was still minimal (the same for each number of blades). Four blades bumped up the shipping. So, I purchased three OEM brand new blades with minimal shipping about three years ago. I still have the first one on the car with two more stored in my basement workshop. I keep an eye on the rear one, as I don't use it often, but the rubber squeegee part that rides on the window became separated without notice! I want to be ready, say, in a storm, if there is a separation to immediately replace the rear blade, not having to wait for one or paying through the nose for one at the local dealer!

I believe the total for three, shipped, was about $26. Don't forget, these are Subaru OEM's, not some chinese crap from 'Wallyworld' where the most expensive wipers I could find were $6.99 and when I installed them on the front, during a heavy rain, there was nothing but streaks. Upon investigating the squeegee that rides on the glass, I found imperfections which caused the numerous streaks -:28:- the riding edge was cut in such a way, a first-grader must have been using dull scissors to cut the rubber edge, they were one of the worst things I have ever purchased!:mad:

After that experience:(, I don't trust anything from there that could possibly damage my engine:confused: - or some other high-ticket item just by trying to save a few bucks!:mad: My two year-old wiper blades that I was throwing away (replacing) actually worked better than the BRAND NEW 'WALLYWORLD' BLADES!

Sorry, now I am off my :soapbox:!
Wonder if you got some returns that were used?

I've read of someone who quite obviously bought used oil at Wal-mart.

I always inspect the seals on oil and other fluids I get there. They have a good price on the oil I use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts