Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to put my cell phone on the console below climate control and recently found out that if turn off engine while phone is there my subie makes ding-ding sound as to remind me not to leave the phone.

Did somebody notice this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's a coincidence and not a feature. There is no way for the car to know that the phone is there, other than bluetooth being connected, but that functions while the phone is up to 30 feet away from the car. I bet it is beeping to let you know the keys are in the ignition when you open the door.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you by chance leave the keyless fob in the car?? One day I forgot to put the fob back in my pocket when I exited our 2013 Outback. The car refused to lock until I removed it...

Just checking.. Steve

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did you by chance leave the keyless fob in the car?? One day I forgot to put the fob back in my pocket when I exited our 2013 Outback. The car refused to lock until I removed it...

Just checking.. Steve
+1. Seems plausible. Or was your SO also in the car with a key fob in purse/pocket when you go out?

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
I use to put my cell phone on the console below climate control and recently found out that if turn off engine while phone is there my subie makes ding-ding sound as to remind me not to leave the phone.

Did somebody notice this?
I think you have opened your door too quickly, after you put the brake on and shut off the engine.
I have been wondering about that "cling - cling" also and traced it to the above scenario. Test it and you will see....It also clings, when you open the door and the engine is still running - if you don't give it enough delay, it will keep clinging... I was also geting paranoid about that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
ScoobyRu
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing