Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 OBXT LTD MT
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im no expert at tire wear but this concerned me a couple months ago (didnt get a chance to take pics and post until now). ive been having uneven tire wear on one tire. ive driven the car brand new now for 27k miles. whats causing this tire wear? is this one tire enough to justify getting a whole new set of new tires? i hate to have a blow out. i also dont want to have this repeat once i get some new tires.

this tire soley, which came new when i bought the car on the front passenger side wore unevenly from the rest (this tire has now been rotated to the passenger side rear, all wheels have been balanced)

the rest of the 3 tires look like this. the tire that is now on the passenger front side isnt any different from this.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,114 Posts
have you had the alignment checked?

seems like way too-positive camber - but I dunno exactly. If both left and right looked like that, I'd suspect a 'toe' problem.

·
Registered
09 OBXT LTD MT
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you had the alignment checked?

seems like way too-positive camber - but I dunno exactly. If both left and right looked like that, I'd suspect a 'toe' problem.

that was my guess too. i my have to point that out to the tire dude next time i get my wheels changed.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
You do need to rotate the tires on the Subaru even my 2001 legacy was hard on tires. Front to back rotation will help greatly. I rotated mine about every 10,000 miles and this made a difference.

Also this is not just a Subaru thing nearly all the new cars running front independent suspension are hard on the outer shoulders on the front tires. My Sequoia is the same way.

Rotate the tires!!!!

·
Registered
09 OBXT LTD MT
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do need to rotate the tires on the Subaru even my 2001 legacy was hard on tires. Front to back rotation will help greatly. I rotated mine about every 10,000 miles and this made a difference.

Also this is not just a Subaru thing nearly all the new cars running front independent suspension are hard on the outer shoulders on the front tires. My Sequoia is the same way.

Rotate the tires!!!!
yea i think im going to just replace this set of tires. its weird that its just this one tire thats unevenly worn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts