Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2008 Subaru outback 2.5 L 4 cylinder Limited.
While doing some maintenance, I can across a electrical connector that was not connected to anything.
The electrical connector is located under the Power Steering fluid reservoir; it is behind the air filter assembly.

A picture is attached.

Any help? Is it supposed to be connected to something?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
746 Posts
I have an 08 Outback Base that has that same connector not plugged into anything. Subaru is know for their harnesses having extra connectors for things not on certain models.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,331 Posts
I don't see it on my 2008 Limited, but we may have different harness constructions. It's not unheard of in the same model year.

What does alarm me, however, is the level of fluid that I see in your PS reservoir. You should look into the cause of this and fix it pronto.

·
Registered
18,285 Posts
. . .What does alarm me, however, is the level of fluid that I see in your PS reservoir. You should look into the cause of this and fix it pronto.
Are you referring to the apparent level of the fluid in the lower part of the reservoir (near the return hose fitting)? If so, that might not be a problem. My reservoir appears the same way in that lower section, even though it is full. See attached photo.

. . . Any help? Is it supposed to be connected to something?. . .
The connector is for a switch that detects when the hood is opened. It's installed on cars with the Subaru remote start system. (It can be seen in the lower part of the attached photo.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,331 Posts
Are you referring to the apparent level of the fluid in the lower part of the reservoir (near the return hose fitting)? If so, that might not be a problem. My reservoir appears the same way in that lower section, even though it is full. See attached photo.
Yes, I was. I was a bit puzzled by the OP's image, as it is darker higher up the reservoir, but that's not in much of the image. Odd effect; my reservoir doesn't look like this - but then I never was fond of the two-tone color patterns on the exterior paint either!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts