Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'13 BBP SAP 2.5
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if we have figured out a way to do this ourselves yet or if you have to bring to a dealer? Is there something like a vag com needed to change the SAP touch door handle to unlock all doors and not just the drivers side door?

or, another method to change this so that it unlocks all doors?

thanks
-chris.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think in the owner's manual it says this can be programmed by the dealer, I'll have to look.

·
Registered
'13 BBP SAP 2.5
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does say that. However my question is more: can *we* do it with some device such as a vag-com like I used to do on my vws. Essentially: what is the dealer actually *doing* to make this happen.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium - Former: Golf TDI
454 Posts
To answer your question: no.

It was great to control everything with VAGCOM on my previous Golf TDI however no such option is readily available for Subaru - you have to visit the dealership and hope that they know how to program it.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
87 Posts
I went to a New Owner Orientation at Subaru of Cherry Hill about 2 weeks ago...the techs were available for service related Q&A.

I asked them if they could do a re-programming of the locks for me; they programmed it right on the spot, 8PM at night, took 5 minutes and it was free.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP
177 Posts
ya they did mine for free too, in a few minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts