Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT, 2015 3.6R Ltd (sold)
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru has updated production info. Outback 2014 final order date is April 11 with 2015 orders opening on July 14 and production starting August 1. For the Legacy, these dates are April 11 and June 16, with production starting July 1.

They've added a note that orders for Legacy models EAK (the 3.6R) and EAD + package 39 (2.5i Premium + nav and moonroof) ended on February 27. Orders for those cars are no longer being accepted.

This is of note mainly to anyone still considering ordering a 2014 model. Certain Outback configurations will probably end very soon if they haven't already.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
242 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was told that it takes approximately 2 months to get an Outback ordered. Does this mean if I were to order August 1st I'd have to wait until October 1st for delivery?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've ordered several new Outbacks for myself or others, and in each case the car was delivered (to Colorado) within six weeks.

Subaru listed August as the initial 2015 Outback delivery month. Presumably this means that cars built in early August will arrive at dealers near the factory in August, and those going further will take an extra couple of weeks.

It looks like they're going to be building Legacys first and then changing over to mostly Outbacks for a while after that. This is what they usually do anyway, so that's no surprise. If you're sure you're going to order, you may want to make sure your dealer's management knows that you want the order to be placed as soon as possible so that your car is scheduled promptly.

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Outback Premium CVT 72,000 mi (previous: 2012 OB 2.5 base 6-MT, totaled at 73,532mi)
534 Posts
Thanks for the update, really appreciate your input, it cuts through a lot of the speculation.

·
Registered
1987 GL, 1995 Legacy Wagon, 2004 Outback, 2015 Outback
161 Posts
Production for current models are to be continued until end of May and possibly part of June. The new Outback should be presented by the first week of next month.
So that would be *before* the NY Auto show?

Thanks for chiming in!

·
Registered
1987 GL, 1995 Legacy Wagon, 2004 Outback, 2015 Outback
161 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anybody know if the 2015 Outback will offer X-Mode? Also will the infotainment system be the same as the just introduced Legacy? I am looking at the Forester but don't like it's lack of shifter paddles and the small backup camera screen. If the upcoming Outback had X-Mode, shifter paddles and bigger camera-I would probably go with the Outback. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anybody know if the 2015 Outback will offer X-Mode? Also will the infotainment system be the same as the just introduced Legacy? I am looking at the Forester but don't like it's lack of shifter paddles and the small backup camera screen. If the upcoming Outback had X-Mode, shifter paddles and bigger camera-I would probably go with the Outback. Thanks for your help.
Not sure about X mode but the conventional wisdom (in other words, people guessing) is that it's likely, at least in upper trims.

Paddle shifters have been part of the Legacy and Outback for a while and there's no reason to think they would re-design that.

As for the screens, Legacy base models will reportedly have a 6.2 inch screen while Premium and Limited trims will ahve a 7 inch screen.

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts
Not sure about X mode but the conventional wisdom (in other words, people guessing) is that it's likely, at least in upper trims.

Paddle shifters have been part of the Legacy and Outback for a while and there's no reason to think they would re-design that.

As for the screens, Legacy base models will reportedly have a 6.2 inch screen while Premium and Limited trims will ahve a 7 inch screen.

Here's the e-brochue from Subaru with preliminary info which I think would be pretty much finalized and the same for the OUtback.

Paddle shifter - yes
X-Mode - No
Screen size - 6.2 and 7

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts
I noticed in the e-brochure - page 4/Interior - that rear seat heaters are available - probably just on Limited and included with rear air vents - but these aren't mentioned in the list at the end of the brochure which shows standard and optional features. Maybe an oversight or maybe meant for other markets like Japan.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Legacy info is helpful but not indicative of whether whether X mode will be available in the Outback. We'll know the answer to that one in about three more weeks.

Two-position memory driver's seat and dual mode heated rear seats both appear in the 2015 Legacy press info as standard features of the Limited trim model. It's probably safe to assume these items will be in the OB Limited as well. The rear seat heater switches are integrated into the rear-seat facing section of the center console that houses the rear seat air vents, which are also a Limited trim feature.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i
54 Posts
I was told by a couple of the Subaru reps at the Chicago Auto show that the official unveiling of the Outback will occur at the NY Auto Show.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Wow that interior looks so great. 36 MPG too. Probably will be shown as 34-35 on the Outback as its heavier and more ground clearance
Nice work on the Legacy interior!!! The 3.6 legacy would be very nice. I like grandmas 2010 2.5 CVT but the 3.6 would really liven things up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts