Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a couple threads on this but some of the info is dated, vague or not definitive.

Question:

- who has the best prices (as of 7/14/17) for a genuine Subaru extended warranty? AND... can sell it in California (as some cannot).

This is not a request for a debate over the merits of a warranty or lack of, rather, who currently has the best price. I have heard, historically, $805 for the Gold $100 deductible but have not heard from where. Might be... fantasy or hearsay. And, of course, there are those at $1050 all the way to $2600.

Does anyone have a substantive recommendation for a low cost warranty source?

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And if you don't think it can get more absurd "out there".... here is a response from Serramonte Subaru on my request for a warranty quote on my 2017 3.6R:

"Hi xxxx,

There is a lot of variables since the car was purchased and been driven on open road, you're probably looking at $3295. My finance manager says we need to run the vin and miles on the car to see exactly the cost of it but this is going to be the general pricing, on after the purchase date warranty purchase."

I replied:

"Richard,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Extended warranty products from Subaru of America do not depend on mileage as long as it is before the end of the factory 3 year, 36K warranty and has been regularly serviced. Since mine is two months old I think it would qualify. Your Service Managers quote of $3295 is ... beyond silly. Retail on a 7/100K Gold, $0 deductible is $2495. They are being sold for $1000-1200 below that. I am sure your finance manager is a great cook, loves kids and is a fine fisherman. But at this point I can only be grateful that I bought my Subaru elsewhere as it is obvious Serramonte has some "issues".

Regards,"

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how to break this to the clowns at Serramonte Subaru but.... I just completed a warranty buy with Stamford Subaru, Luke Carcione... on a Subaru of America Gold 7 year, 100K, $0 deductible warranty on a 3.6R Outback for $1425. Yes, that is $1070 off of retail and $1870 off the Serramonte price. I know the extra $800 over list that Serramonte was going to charge me was "worth it" for some unknown reason. Regardless, I will never know.

·
Registered
BMW 335d
10 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I thought you couldn't buy a Subaru extended warranty out of state since we live in California? Does it depend on the out of the state dealer? I ask because I found a thread that Mastria Subaru does not sell to folks in California because they require "state specific contracts?" However, you purchase one from Stamford Subaru in CT?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium Ice Silver, 2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium Abyss Blue Pearl
37 Posts
Just bought a Subaru outback from Serramonte Subaru. Their quote: Subaru Gold plus 8 year 120k miles for $2,995.
And that's already at a "discount".
If anyone here live in California and have purchased Subaru extended warranty for a reasonable price, please let us know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5 No eyesight package/no navi
177 Posts
I have been doing google searches on CA extended car warranty sales and I've not found where it needs to be CA specific seller. But then again, my search parameters may be off. I'm dealing with Livermore Subaru, so not sure what sort of deal they will make when I go in to get the car.

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,424 Posts
FWIW, I paid $990 for a Subaru Gold Plus Warranty to protect above the 100K mile CPO power train warranty on our '17 with 14K miles on the odometer.

Strange that I'm commenting on this as I just now opened the Welcome Letter, and ID cards. Sitting on my desk, next to the keyboard.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Touring
5 Posts
Just got our 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Touring yesterday, paid $1595 for 10/100K w/ $100 Deductible, waived if I bring it to the dealer I bought it from for service.

·
Registered
2016 OB and a 2017 OB
79 Posts
That's not a Subaru Warranty. Subaru doesn't wave deductible's when you go back to the orgianl dealer. Subaru only offers zero ded and $100.00 ded.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Luke at Stamford. $1335 plus tax on an 84 month (7 year) 100k mile ZERO deductible on a 3.6R. And, yes, I am in CA and it is a Subaru warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Touring 3.6R - Pearl Brown
51 Posts
I'm in Silicon Valley, CA. Can I purchase a Subaru Gold Plus extended warrantee from a Connecticut dealer? I've read elsewhere (but can't reference where) that CA has a unique restriction that prevents us from buying these insurance contracts from out of state.
Altos... You seem to be a neighbor from Los Altos. If you purchased from a CT dealer, have you confirmed local dealers will honor it?

·
Registered
BMW 335d
10 Posts
I'm in Silicon Valley, CA. Can I purchase a Subaru Gold Plus extended warrantee from a Connecticut dealer? I've read elsewhere (but can't reference where) that CA has a unique restriction that prevents us from buying these insurance contracts from out of state.
Altos... You seem to be a neighbor from Los Altos. If you purchased from a CT dealer, have you confirmed local dealers will honor it?
Yes you can. I'm in Norcal and recently purchased Subaru Gold Plus for my parents new 2018 Outback Touring.

·
Registered
2019 White Outback 3.6 Touring
32 Posts
I don't know how to break this to the clowns at Serramonte Subaru but.... I just completed a warranty buy with Stamford Subaru, Luke Carcione... on a Subaru of America Gold 7 year, 100K, $0 deductible warranty on a 3.6R Outback for $1425. Yes, that is $1070 off of retail and $1870 off the Serramonte price. I know the extra $800 over list that Serramonte was going to charge me was "worth it" for some unknown reason. Regardless, I will never know.
Just bought a Subaru outback from Serramonte Subaru. Their quote: Subaru Gold plus 8 year 120k miles for $2,995.
And that's already at a "discount".
If anyone here live in California and have purchased Subaru extended warranty for a reasonable price, please let us know.
Thanks.
Ha. So I assume both of you bought your vehicles from Serramonte? Besides their trying to rip you off on the warranties, how was your car purchase process? Did they give you a good price and was the process satisfactory to you?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts