Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium
2 Posts
As I just called around for pricing on a Gold + 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty I thought I'd share. The salesman talked me into purchasing this warranty when I bought the car (2018 Outback) 2 months ago and I paid $3k for it w/ $100 ded. He did tell me I could cancel the warranty up to 90 days in and get a full refund, which I ended up doing. Calling around for pricing on this warranty I was quoted anywhere from $2,800 down to $1,400. Subaru Irvine is the dealer who offered by far the lowest price ($1,400) and was super easy to deal with (it's actually hard to get ahold of the finance Dept at many of these dealerships). I called a few dealerships out of state but the lowest the would go was $1800.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
2017 OB 3.6R Ltd/2018 Forester Premium Blk Ed/2011 Legacy Ltd
64 Posts
Your price of $1400, is this for $0 deductible?
Is your OB a 6cyl or 4cyl?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5 w Eyesight
128 Posts
As Canadians are probably aware our prices are a lot higher for ext warranty than in the US. However, my dealer (Minden Subaru) was by far the lowest price for everything, including the extended warranty, where they were 15% cheaper than the next best quote.

$1900 CDN for the 5/160 premium "Complete Care" with 0 deductible warranty was a pretty good price, at least for Canada.

·
Registered
2016 OBW Premium [prev owned 09,06,03,01 OBW]
329 Posts
I'm looking to buy a Gold Plus warranty for my 2016 OBW that is nearing end of its 3/36 OEM warranty. Aside from Brady and Luke, are there any other sources that folks would currently recommend? For my previous Subaru I purchased one from another remote dealer, but I can't find the name or paperwork; guess I tossed it when I traded the car. Feel free to DM any suggestions if you don't want to post. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
'16 Outback 2.5i Limited - Eyesight
83 Posts
FWIW, I paid $990 for a Subaru Gold Plus Warranty to protect above the 100K mile CPO power train warranty .
That's about what I paid when I bought our '16

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
334 Posts
That's about what I paid when I bought our '16
Subaru owners should be happy they don't own a Ford (other than the obvious reasons)- their extended warranties are about $2,000 for the same length of coverage.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Touring 3.6R - Pearl Brown
50 Posts
Based on what I've learned here in this forum, I just bit the bullet and purchased a Gold Plus 8 year, 120k, $0 deductible extended warrantee for my 2017 OB Touring 3.6, from Irvine Subaru for $2090. Stamford CT Subaru quoted very similar prices but said they charge sales tax. In California, there is no sales tax on extended warrantees. My local dealer would not compete with these prices.

My car has 30K miles on it. I just moved to south Santa Clara county (Gilroy). My daily commute to San Jose is now 70 miles round trip. My CVT is being evaluated for a replacement by the dealer under warrantee. They've had the car for a week and a bit and are still diagnosing the code and telemetry data, but think SOA will authorize installing a Subaru rebuilt CVT.

But it was the wake up call that persuaded me to buy the extended warrantee. Based on my current commute arithmetic, I'll get about 4 1/2 more years before I get to 120,000 miles.

·
Registered
2018 Limited
111 Posts
Good question - here's what Brady @ Irvine Subaru in CA quoted me:

$1391 - 10 year/100,000 Gold Plus w/ $100 deductible

$1591 - 10 year/100,000 Gold Plus no deductible

I opted for the $100 deductible.

My subaru is a 2018 Premium, 4-cylinder.

Thanks for posting this. I just emailed Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited w EyeSight
10 Posts
If zero deductible is only around $200 more, then why are most people choosing the $100 deductible? With all the electronic systems and the windshield cost/fragility, I'm leaning toward zero deductible.

People are hedging they won't have two claims over a 4-6 year period? Or am I missing something else? Thanks

·
Registered
Sometime in December 2019 Crimson 3.6R Limited 2010 Murano SL, 2008 Mazda MX5
60 Posts
If zero deductible is only around $200 more, then why are most people choosing the $100 deductible? With all the electronic systems and the windshield cost/fragility, I'm leaning toward zero deductible.

People are hedging they won't have two claims over a 4-6 year period? Or am I missing something else? Thanks
Not sure glass coverage exists unless manuf defect - no impacts. Double check if it matters. The deductible decision is based on how many claims you expect in the post 3/36 period. I look at it like major medical coverage - have yet to decide if $100 or $0 will be my selection.

The electronics are driving my interest in the extended warranty. And the CVT - at least until they extend the 19 model warranty to 100,000. Though I currently drive a 2010 Murano and the manuf extension on the CVT failed to cover related issues that many people had - ie transfer case. So the Gold coverage is still attractive to me.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Luke will no longer be offering extended warranties to the entire country. He will be limited to a certain area of the country where his dealership is located. The Subaru dealer network got tired of his discounts on the Gold Plan Warranty.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback premium 2.5 - FINALLY!!
45 Posts
So can I just jump in and ask a question because we didn’t purchase an extended warranty at the time of purchase?

I can actually purchase and add an extended warranty through Subaru BEFORE my 3 years, 36K miles are up? I never thought I would, but reading the forums has me thinking it MIGHT be a good idea.

Now, my particular dealership gave me the lifetime power train, but honestly, with having zero experience with a Subaru, and a mechanic telling me not to buy one because it’s hard to find mechanics in our area to work on them, I’m thinking it might be a good idea to have a full warranty for a while.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
So can I just jump in and ask a question because we didn’t purchase an extended warranty at the time of purchase?

I can actually purchase and add an extended warranty through Subaru BEFORE my 3 years, 36K miles are up? I never thought I would, but reading the forums has me thinking it MIGHT be a good idea.

Now, my particular dealership gave me the lifetime power train, but honestly, with having zero experience with a Subaru, and a mechanic telling me not to buy one because it’s hard to find mechanics in our area to work on them, I’m thinking it might be a good idea to have a full warranty for a while.
If you are planning on purchasing the Gold Plan Subaru warranty, I would purchase ASAP from Like while he is still selling them at a significant discount.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5 w Eyesight
128 Posts
Gee it sounds like Serramonte Subaru has the Canadian pricing guide for Ext Warranty!

These threads always depress me because of how overpriced warranties are in Canada - always close to double what our American cousins pay. All manufacturers are the same!

Discounted price on the 5/120,000km (70,000 mile) 0 deductible on my wifes Crosstrek was just south of $1600CDN, or about $1250US (plus 13% tax of course).

I'm betting that same warranty can be had from a US dealer for $750 or so. Yep, we get hosed (because we are hosers??)

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium ; 2019 Outback Premium
113 Posts
If you are planning on purchasing the Gold Plan Subaru warranty, I would purchase ASAP from Like while he is still selling them at a significant discount.
Glad i got mine when i did. Where is Luke now? I thought he left Stamford.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
55 Posts
Well, it looks like Luke is out of business. I ordered a 7/100K $0 deductible. He e-mailed the paperwork Monday morning. I returned it Monday afternoon, but to date my credit card has not been charged.

I e-mailed him this morning and received the following reply. "Hi all, I loved helping many people with the Subaru warranty's over the past 3 years I am truly sorry, but I am no longer working for this company and therefore I can not help with warranty's. Planet Subaru is a good source to get the warranty."

I am not certain the status of my warranty at this point, but suspect it has not been processed.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts