Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All! I'm new to the forum and curious to know if anyone has any suggested upgrades to make this Gen 5 a little more unique? I love the 3.6R Touring pack but want to personalize it a little more than how it sits right now. Alternatively, is there another generation that is better suited to be customized and upgraded? TIA!

·
Registered
2018 3.6 Touring (Canadian, so Premium I guess?)
114 Posts
Welcome!

New rims and/or tires are a pretty common mod for a different look and better handling than the stock tires, especially any snow/off road driving.

I put some Rally Armour mud flaps for a bit more road grime protection (and cause I like the look). Lift kits, lots of off road goodies available on the aftermarket, or throw on some suspension upgrades for better handling and a lowered look if that’s what you’re into.

If you want a really unique look, a full vinyl wrap is an alternative to a paint job, any colour or finish you so desire really.

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Navigation
3,354 Posts
Super wide open question, there are a thousand mods you can make. Based on the original post, it sounds like the modifications request is purely for looks. However, just about all the mods that people make affect performance in some way. For example, if you go with big, knobby tires just for looks, are you also prepared to deal with every performance change that comes with larger diameter tires? Etc...

Maybe you can clarify what performance adjustments you want/need...if any.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
481 Posts
I think as other posters have said, mods depend on what you want to do with your OB. For me, I do some off-road but mostly long distance road trips so my mods are for that. I will take long road trips driving in many cases 10-12 hours at a time and my mods are to make that as comfortable and self-sufficient as possible. Some people mod them to look cool, others for off-road adventures, or car camping, some want to carve up corners and mod the suspension... it’s up to your imagination as OB’s are very versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Navigation
3,354 Posts
I have made a large number of mods, but my Outback looks stock at first glance. I did not plan it that way. This is just how things panned out. For people who are fine with the stock look but want to improve the overall experience, here are some mods I made (off the top of my head):
  • More tint on ALL windows, including sunroof and windshield
  • EZ Oil Drain valve on oil tank
  • Nokia WRG3 Asymmetric tires
  • Removed foam in spare tire compartment to have more space
  • Console Vault
  • Magnetic cell phone holder
  • Y-adapter for USB ports to increase charging power
  • Replaced windshield fluid with -32F windshield fluid
  • Group 24 battery (replaces the stock Group 25 battery)
  • LED lights throughout the interior and anywhere else that was easy to reach
  • Brighter halogen headlights
  • Strobe for center brake light
  • 3D All-weather floor mats
  • Inno Wedge 624 cargo box
  • Perrin steering column dampener
By the way, a plain white car that costs around $30k is basically camouflage in the Sacramento area. My Outback falls in that category, and I want to keep it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts