Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife picked up a 2011 Impreza OBS last year.. mainly as a commuter. Since then we've welcomed a baby boy, and suddenly the Impreza feels like a Smart car - no room at all with car seat and dog! Not to mention, our Chicco Keyfit installed on LATCH requires the passenger seat to be pushed ALL the way up. Horribly uncomfortable. This leaves my LGT as the 'road trip' car..

That said - its time to get a true 'family car' - an Outback. I've done extensive shopping, and value wise, it cannot be beat. I was leaning towards a Highlander, but just can't justify the cost. I'm currently perusing used 2.5 Limited's.. and there are plenty from 2010 and 2011 that can be had for $25k or less - which is a pretty sweet deal..

So my question would be.. anything in the 2010 Limited that would be lacking? I know the mirrors don't fold in, which is totally idiotic.. but otherwise, would it be best to look at newer models? Appreciate any help.

pete

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
used 2.5 Limited's.. and there are plenty from 2010 and 2011 that can be had for $25k or less<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
What do you ‘need’ on the Ltd?<O:p</O:p
You can get a spankin’ 013 Prem/CVT for ~$25/26K.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I did not realize the new CVT was that much better. Will be test driving this weekend..

Oh no "need" per se . But I want to have some perks for the $ - mainly moonroof and definitely cold weather package.

Plus less of a concern for and 'accidents' inside or out if it already is broken in.. and of course, avoiding and immediate depreciation.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks! I did not realize the new CVT was that much better. Will be test driving this weekend..

Oh no "need" per se . But I want to have some perks for the $ - mainly moonroof and definitely cold weather package.

Plus less of a concern for and 'accidents' inside or out if it already is broken in.. and of course, avoiding and immediate depreciation.
If you find a Subaru dealer that will give you the Subaru employee pricing you can get a Premium, All Weather Pkg Outback with Sunroof as well as the Rubber floormat set and rear seatback protector for around $26-$27K thats what we did.

For kiddos the rubber mats are awesome as well as the seatback protector.

A limited wwith the Employee pricing would be around $30-32K without Eyesight

Jon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Hiker.. good tips!

Oh another little wrench - the OBS is a lease. Getting out will cost about $1,100 - thankfully the Impreza holds its value like a champ.

And also get to deal with MA excise tax, which will easily tack on over $1k for a new car within the first year. Love this state..

·
Registered
572 Posts
How much longer is the lease on the Imp? Congrats on the new baby. I will tell you with a new baby it really doesn't metter how big the car is so long as it has 4 doors. Hauling baby gear for a while will be crunched but not too bad. When they become toddlers is when you need more space

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
hiker74
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing