Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. The fabric that extends from the bottom of the plastic on the back of the drivers seat to underneath the seat bottom has fallen down. It covers all the wiring for the electric and heated seats. It seems as though the fabric is supposed to hook on some tabs underneath that plastic. I know that my kids feet knocked it down, although the passsengers side is still intact. It seems to be a bit of a design flaw unless it was not assembled right.
Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this and also if there are any suggestions on how to fix it. I would think it should be covered under warrantee although if it was because of my childrens feet I could also see them not covering it.

Bellamag

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
It seems my 2005 has carpet behind the bottom of the front seats that is held by velcro. I don't know if they changed that or kept it the same through to '11.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
there is an elastic band on the bottom of that fabric, it just hooks around the springs on the bottom side of the seat. kinda a pain to get to but should take about 2 mins., no tools needed. only learned because you need to move this for seat covers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It isn't the elastic that has come loose it is the top part that hooks somewhere behind the plastic on the seat. There is a series of 4 - 6 holes that I would assume hook on the tabs that I feel when I put my hand behind the plastic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I was able to reach those tabs and hook the fabric back on I still do not understand how they think that should be sturdy enough to prevent it from happening again. This fabric can be knocked easily just getting in and out of the vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts