Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just bought a 2017 Outback Premium 2.5i here in Maine. The OEM tires are the Dueler H/P Sport 225/65/17. I am going with the Continental TrueContact for better ice/snow traction as I don't do winter tires. I would like to fill the wheel well a bit more so I was considering a 235/65/17 tire which is a 1/2" increase in diameter. I understand the speedo will be off by 3%. The question...will it fit with no rub on wheel lock? I don't do any off-roading so I'm jumping from the 16mm stock rear sway bar to the 19mm for a better feel at highway speeds and the crosswinds we get here in the winter. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited, Twilight Blue/Ivory
273 Posts
I asked the same question a few weeks ago for snow tires and ended up going with that same size for my bridgestone ws80 winter tires. other people have posted in other threads that the same size works perfectly fine on their gen5 with no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think you are mixing up your tire size numbers.

235 - tire width

65 - tread to rim tire ratio (higher the number more tire)

17 - rim size

stock is 225/65/17 so going to a 235 is making your tire wider, which is not diameter.

and moving to a 235 you will have rub unless you also get new rims with a different offset to adjust for tire width or spacers (but this can lead to problems down the road)

i too just bought a 2017 outback and i am trading out the tires and rims to give it a better look and ride. (stock subaru tires are :28:)

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,955 Posts
I ran 245/65/17 BFG KO2's with no rubbing on factory wheels.

I believe 235 shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts