Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I'm going to order my Outback'13 Limited today. (Base limited without moonroof, navigation).
I have only seen 2013 Limited with navigation (but without the special appearance package).
Now, to the question:
I like the slight grey tint to the brushed aluminium finish to the center console in the OB 13s I saw.
is the finish the same even in the models without the navigation. That is, it has the grey shade and not entirely silver...

Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
Though I've got a '12 usually the radio trim is the same for all models regardless of the radio installed. The only time that might not apply is if you are after a pure base model with no options.

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited, 2.5i
38 Posts
I think I get your question and I'm pretty sure it will be the same in the base model but to be sure I'd ask the dealer to show you a base model before ordering one.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
As posted, brushed alum is brushed alum. I would think they would be identical finishes, or the pieces wouldn’t match. The Nav center dash has a different form but the same finish. The floor console has different shift knobs between models/options, but still the same alum finish/feature.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
I've never seen the center console (radio) trim different in any trim. It's always the same. I have a premium '11 and it has the same silver brushed surround that the limited with nav have.

Now the surrounding pieces under the dash and on the doors used to be silver in premium and a faux wood grain in limited, not sure if they changed that. But either way, you limited should be the same regardless of nav option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts