Subaru Outback Forums banner

321 - 322 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for posting such a detailed description with pictures. I was frustrated with several other posted methods in the past and reluctantly tried your method, which to my surprise produced flawless results and let me keep the playlist order of all my USB music folders with songs. I had no issues with my collection of all MP3 and WAV, but MP4 format was still giving some issues with my USB drive playlist order.
As you mentioned, deleting "title/track/disc numbers from all the tracks" seems to be a requirement for maintaining the playlist order. I missed doing it one time and the order was messed up.
I also noticed that step 3 (bulk rename utility) is sometimes adding track/disc numbers and it is a good idea to place this step before MP3 tag (I see that you have advised as such in Tesla MC forums).

Thank you again

Shaan

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am glad the tutorial worked for you. You are correct about doing the MP3 tag step in the end and I could not edit my original post in this forum. I posted the updated tutorial in Tesla motor club forum and also mentioned that "bulk rename utility step is optional" to remove all the unwanted numbers in front of each track. If you don't care about seeing them before each song, it is a simple two step process.

P

321 - 322 of 322 Posts