Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone successfully gotten USB video to display video (either purchased or home-grown)?

If anyone has created video that has successfully displayed in your Subaru, what were your parameters (e.g., fps, codec settings, etc.). I've looked in the online manual, but haven't hit on the right combination yet.

Oh, also, can the system play USB videos that are not DivX?

I hate having features that I cannot get to work, so I will keep trying.

Lambanlaa

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've streamed video from my iPhone since my OB 2010 was new, but I've got the McIntosh system and I'm not shure it is applicable to the US version. I connect my composite iPhone adapter (red, white and yellow connectors, instead of the USB), push twice on the aux button on the stereo (from bluetooth to video) to avtivate the dock connection and then I enjoy films on my dash screen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
DivX Success.. !! Although workflow is more than most care for..

OK... I was able to find a way to play DivX video on our new 2013 Outback with SAP and the HK 440w system..

OK first and formost!!! Your Outback "MUST" have the electronic emergency brake engaged!!!! (Red Light On) (See first note on page 249 in the Navigation Manual)

Second, then get into accessory mode... Also referenced in first note on page 249 in the Navigation Manual.

Also, I see nothing that says you must register with DivX.. I believe this is only in the case that you downloaded something from them and plan on playing it or something like that. In this case you're just playing files transcoded from something else to DivX codec..

I had several Quicktime H.264 MOV files on my Mac so I decided to transcode one to DivX.. Here is how I went about doing this...

I happen to have purchased Quicktime Pro 7.0 ($29.99) on my Mac anyway.. It's available for both Mac and Windows systems. Quicktime Pro 7 is pretty straightforward and can transcode and export a selected video file direct to DivX Pro V.6.8 and by default makes the DivX just the way the HK system will accept..

Steps for using Quicktime Pro 7 (Mac):
Go to menu toolbar and select "File"
Open File
Select your file and OK
A playback window will pop up, just ignore it..
Now go to the toolbar and select "File" again.
In the drop down select "Export"
Another pop up window will display and will ask to "Save exported file as..."
Go to the Export selector and choose Movie to DivX
Next select Options and choose "Home Theater Profile" and hit OK
Now all you have to do is make sure you have the destination set for the file and hit save..

Once your file is complete, transfer it to a thumbnail drive and put it in the car and test it.. Touch the USB selector, find the file on the search menu on the HK system and assuming everything went well hit the play button and you should have a video.. Remember if you are getting the video in the small screen, just touch the video and it will go to full screen and play..

Let me know how you all make out..:29::29::29:

Steve Nordahl
Bethlehem, Pa.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK... I was able to find a way to play DivX video on our new 2013 Outback with SAP and the HK 440w system..

OK first and formost!!! Your Outback "MUST" have the electronic emergency brake engaged!!!! (Red Light On) (See first note on page 249 in the Navigation Manual)

Steve Nordahl
Bethlehem, Pa.
And there is the rub.

My videos worked like a charm after setting the emergency brake!:headshake

Many thanks,

Lambanlaa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
lambanlaa
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing