Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for my first Outback. Was hoping to pick up a used '11 or '12 now that the new model is out, but striking out on finding any deals even though I live in major city. Is their not much of a used car market for outbacks? All listings near me are at Subaru dealerships and the deals are not great.

Any chance on 2012 prices dropping more? Seems like dealers are selling them for almost the same price as the 2013.

·
Registered
114 Posts
These cars tend to hold their value, a little less since Toyota has diluted the brand. Look at eBay. Good luck!

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
with time something will come up - how long have you been looking? time is your friend the more picky you are, it'll come.

you're basically looking at a new car, i wouldn't expect too much of a deal.

not sure how other makes work, but if you're used to Ford for instance - since Ford cars and others loose value so fast maybe you can get deals on them.

Relatives got some decent deals on like a 2009 last year....so maybe if you could push it back another year or two...or just keep waiting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My situation was a little different, but when I was looking for mine, they were extremely hard to find. This was in '07 or '08, was trying to find around a 2000. Lived in Chattanooga at the time, and the only one available was a beat-up, thrashed one. I had to go to Atlanta to find the one I got, and still have. I don't think people like giving them up. I intend to run this one til she won't go anymore!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
StingyPaperWaffles
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing