Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT/2019 Outback when I have to
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2013 with the SAP. I can't figure out if there is a way to listen to the radio with the engine off. Since it has the keyless ignition I can't find any type of accessory position. I know this may not be the most difficult question, but would appreciate an hint.

·
Registered
18,722 Posts
Be interested in learning if there's a way, not because I have a "keyless" car, but because I was recently helping someone program a route in his (used, but new to him) Lexus' navigation unit, and he insisted on having the engine running for the nav to work. I thought that was rather odd, but didn't have time to read through the Owners Manual to check for a work-around.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope someone figures this one out. I could not find the answer in the books either.

Be interested in learning if there's a way, not because I have a "keyless" car, but because I was recently helping someone program a route in his (used, but new to him) Lexus' navigation unit, and he insisted on having to the engine for the nav to work. I thought that was rather odd, but didn't have time to read through the Owners Manual to check for a work-around.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the answer. Push the start button WITHOUT touching the brake. Radio will now work.

·
Registered
18,722 Posts
Does that effectively put the electrical system in what would have been the ACC position on keyed ignition cars, which provides only limited functions, or is it effectively at the ON position (but engine not started).

One significant difference is the windows. On keyed ignitions, the radio will work at ACC, but not the windows. The windows require the key to be at ON even if the engine isn't started.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After spending a bit of time with the owner's manual, found the instructions also. Thank you for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts