Subaru Outback Forums banner

USMB down again

19K views 54 replies 18 participants last post by  Craigar 
#1 ·
site says:

This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.

#7 ·
Shawn (of RetroRoo in Denver)is planning to 'migrate' w'ever the site to another host and site-software soon. (IP ???)

he has been plagued with both hacker attacks and bumping up against some traffic limitations in the past I think.

lots of great guys over there.

#8 ·
ahem;

Administrator
1998 Charter Donor Staff

Downtime-move to IP Board!
The current schedule for the change over to Ip Board is to move on Thursday February 7th.
The move involves a change of servers. This means you may have difficulty in reaching ultimatesubaru.org for as long as 24-48 hours while the DNS servers update. There will be many who see the site in as little as an hour after the change but this is out of our control.

We are still working out all of the details. In the past we were able to leave one server up, complete a backup and leave the old server up but this move may not allow this method. If it does, posts made after the backup won't move over.

I will update this as more details are worked out.

Thank your for your understanding and for your support during and after the move. Its a big project and we really appreciate it.

#11 ·
ultimatesubaru.org CGI redirect?

Anyone else having this issue the past few days?

when I visit ultimatesubaru.org I get the error.

I spend alot of time on that site as well as this and wanted to ask if it was just me that gets this error message?

Account Suspended
This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information.

#13 ·
No idea. I'm not affiliated in any official capacity.

Individually run boards often have glitches like this. It's not that uncommon nor surprising. There are single points of failure easily missed without diligence which a single person usually can't consistently provide for 20 years straight.

#18 ·
merged threads.

old / existing,...with a new 4 post one.

#19 ·
I am having the same issue. Worked one day gone the next.

#21 ·
not many people will care.

But if this site were down, I'd post at USMB wondering what happened to subaruoutback.org

I enjoy and have learned much from both sites. Same for scoobymods.com too actually. I even check in at the newsgroup alt.autos.subaru occasionally.

#31 ·
maybe autoguide should buy it for a nickel, that would be like saving the libraries at Alexandria and Carthage from the fires.
@AutoGuide.com @administrator

please look into it :nerd:

#39 ·
Dunno

I have met S...His repair shop.

I think he needs to charge way more $ for the work he does. He is too much of a subi fanboy. I remind myself ... not to follow this path. I think passion comes before the dollar. When that is your mantra ... things may not be as consistent as Wells Fargo.

Ok bad example.

His shop is just a few clicks away from me. I stop in now and then and refer folks all the time. I do know he's got an old school brat that will be the ( . )( . )s when he's done.

That's what I know.

#38 ·
on a retail site a little while ago I had to pretend I forgot my password.

what they had done in some unannounced update:
lopped a couple digit spaces off the allowable quantity in a password,...and mine was 3 longer then they permitted. and I could see that while typing it in. like the *** stopped appearing and I was still typing.

so reset my password with a new shorter one,...and fixed.

#40 ·
Not a fan of the new USMB layout especially seeing new individual posts / replies appearing for the same topic several times on the same page for recent activity.

Also a member here as well under the same user name as on here.

Find USMB better for knowledge and interest particularly for older Subarus.

However not a fan of the heavy modification / butchery of Subarus that is featured on this site.

Modifications can put the vehicle dynamics from the original design out of balance and affect original perfomance / roadability / create problems ie increases in ride height (ghost walking and wheel alignment issues) and big wheels etc.
- away from the original design / intention a 4WD car/wagon with good on road performance with some off road ability.
I'm a strong believer in keeping it original for these reasons- have never modified any of my 6 Subarus apart from fitting winter tyres.
If I wanted more offroad ablity I'd buy a truck - almost forgot - already have one - 87 Brat more lightweight and more nimble offroad than either of (previous and present) Outbacks.

If want more off road ability etc buy a truck or whatever is already set up /designed for those needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.