Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some VDC codes which indicated a faulty VDC controller with my 09 4th gen Outback. Replaced the ABS pump / VDC Controller with a used one and when I try to do the parameter selection write it just gives this error. Any ideas? It's able to read the current parameters fine.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
16,145 Posts
Did you get the module from a VDC car? Do the part numbers match between the one you removed and the one you replaced? If not, that could be the issue because the units are wired different.

·
Premium Member
2008 JDM Outback 3.0R, 5EAT
511 Posts
Had some VDC codes which indicated a faulty VDC controller with my 09 4th gen Outback. Replaced the ABS pump / VDC Controller with a used one and when I try to do the parameter selection write it just gives this error. Any ideas? It's able to read the current parameters fine.

This is a bit of an aside to your post, which hardware do you use to run the SSM-III please ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get the module from a VDC car? Do the part numbers match between the one you removed and the one you replaced? If not, that could be the issue because the units are wired different.
As far as I know it is from a vdc car. The part numbers are slightly different, my original was 27536AJ001, the replacement is 27536AJ000.

This is a bit of an aside to your post, which hardware do you use to run the SSM-III please ?
VXDIAG

I guess, in addition, where is the SSM III software from?
Wherever VXDIAG got it, obviously a cracked version of the genuine but it seems to work for most stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think that minor part number difference could be the problem? I'd just assumed it was a small revision or something.

·
Premium Member
2008 JDM Outback 3.0R, 5EAT
511 Posts
Apparently there are 7 part numbers for the 4th gen. Outback 27596AJ000, 27596AJ001, 27596AJ002, 27596AJ003, 27596AJ030, 27596AJ020, 27596AJ021, 27596AJ040

Assuming, from your profile flag that you're in NZ you can use the chassis # (or VIN if the car is NZ new) to find the part match and compatibility. Chuck your vehicle's chassis number, or VIN into partsouq.com then navigate to the Suspension, axle & brake section. The site will tell you which part number was used on yours, and there's a car button that shows which other models that part number is compatible with, and vice versa. The prices on partsouq are not realistic but this should help identify narrow down compatibility for the spare you have, second hand stores or the breakers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently there are 7 part numbers for the 4th gen. Outback 27596AJ000, 27596AJ001, 27596AJ002, 27596AJ003, 27596AJ030, 27596AJ020, 27596AJ021, 27596AJ040

Assuming, from your profile flag that you're in NZ you can use the chassis # (or VIN if the car is NZ new) to find the part match and compatibility. Chuck your vehicle's chassis number, or VIN into partsouq.com then navigate to the Suspension, axle & brake section. The site will tell you which part number was used on yours, and there's a car button that shows which other models that part number is compatible with, and vice versa. The prices on partsouq are not realistic but this should help identify narrow down compatibility for the spare you have, second hand stores or the breakers.
Hmm, that says it should be 27596AJ001 , but the one I replaced was 27536AJ001. Not sure what to make of that.
At least it seems to show that the 001 and 000 versions are compatible.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot
Might have to ask the dealer to try programming it with their equipment to rule out a vxdiag issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts