Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback Limited Sedan, 2.5L
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across any information regarding the verification of a sensor failure? For example, I'm currently getting P0113 (intake air temperature sensor). It would be easy enough to drop a few bucks on a new sensor, but is there a way to test these sensors using an ohm meter to verify a fault prior to just throwing parts at the problem? O2 sensors, or just about any other sensor with wires, would be other examples.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Something I would expect to be covered in the factory service manual.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Nothing in sensor readings on that one. The troubleshooting tree in the FSM (attached) focuses on wiring continuity and shorts between the IAT sensor and the ECM. The Subaru Select Monitor (perhaps FreeSSM or Romraider) is used to verify the code symptom.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
And the resistance would likely change with temperature so you would need a chart, probably easier to verify continuity and then change the sensor.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent resource plain OM. With the diagnostic troubleshooting tree you provided I should be able to confirm failure of the sensor.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulling the trigger on a new IAT sensor. IAT failed the last step; resistance between pin 1 of E21 and ground was only .4 ohms (replace IAT if less than 5 ohms). Thanks for the info plain OM!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts