Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whew

Thanks for posting this, I clicked on it out of curiosity since I just purchased 2 new Axles from O'Reilly's. They sold me 2 brand new MasterPro Axles. I am a complete rookie and new to DIY mechanics... Can I pull the current Axle and take to a rebuild place? or should I just order a rebuild from Dealership? Is there a difference? Lastly, am I guarunteed no axle vibrations with the Dealer rebuild. BTW I am currently stationed in Southern Alabama, the nearest dealer is 90 minutes away and most mechanics around here are suspect....

This is for my wife's 03 Outback with 95k miles... just noticed the torn boot during an oil change.

Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting. NASIOC forums dont have anyone talking about this. My friend also rebuilds soobies, put Aitozone Axles in his without any problems. He said Cardone is the same company who sells to autozone and does Subaru Dealer rebuilds....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I take it rebooting it involves repacking bearings etc. I certainly don't want to deal with it. If I get it rebooted at a local shop, how do I know they are doing it to OE specs?

Then theres this guy...

mine rebuild axle from dealer last for 3500 miles so that is mine exp.Then i buy rebuild from carquest and all is OK for over 70000.So i guess it's like lottery LOL.
Seems like a gamble either way... sigh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.