Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
05 3.0R Outback
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First up I realise there are an absolute ton of threads about this, however I have OE axels, and other than that having read through many threads not noticed any real solutions.

Basically for the last few months have been noticing vibration at idle, not hugely bad, but noticeably through steering wheel and it disappears in Neutral or when accessories are turned off.

A couple of other symptoms (that may or may not be related) but I hope these can help identify. reading through the other threads it kinda seems like it could be just about anything causing this.
- idle speeds seem a little low, typically 500-600rpm, when stopped in D with brake on
- high idle speeds on a cold start, this has been happening all winter however it may be due to the coldish days? in Melbourne so 12-15degC

Any ideas on where best to start troubleshooting this? should I clean ICV? check bearings on sepertine belt pulleys etc... or something else?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts