Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Outback makes a hum and vibration from the front left of the car if I'm going over 40mph and make a slight left turn. I think it also does it when making a right but more pronounced going left. I can feel the vibration on the floorboard. Not sure what it is. Any ideas or has anybody else experienced this? Please note that I have done the following....

1. Replaced tires - no change. Still vibrates the same as the old tires.
2. Tried applying brakes during the vibration and no change so I don't think it's a brake pad issue.
3. Tried different speeds. Noticeable at 40mph and over but probably doing it at lower speeds and just not noticeable.
4. As soon as I straighten out the car the vibration goes away.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
Wheel Bearing.

Wheel Bearing.

WHEEL BEARING.

How many miles on this car, this is classic wheel bearing symptoms. Small chance this is a CV axle, but they usually don;t hum. Humming birds are wheel bearing usually.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine does the same thing but when I turn right. Dealer said turn up the radio. 2500 miles 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
Mine does the same thing but when I turn right. Dealer said turn up the radio. 2500 miles 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Evening Belly Laugh

:1pat:

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited
104 Posts
I haven't had this problem with my '16 OB, but I have with several cars in years past. Sounds 100% like a bad front wheel bearing to me.

On another note, I just had both REAR wheel bearings swapped under warranty on my '16 OB Limited @ ~50K mi. It was a constant hum coming from the rear end directly commensurate with the speed of the wheels (turning had no affect on it). You can hear a pin drop in the car at interstate speeds now :-D* These cars are known for weak wheel bearings all around the car.*

Take it to the dealership and INSIST that there is something wrong with the front end, and you are fairly certain it is a wheel bearing. Bottom line - it's unacceptable, and they need to make sure you are a happy Subaru customer! I'm happy I finally took her in and got those swapped. BTW, the powertrain warranty is 5 years / 60K mi.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts