Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 2" ADF Lift
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 2016 outback limited this past weekend but just started noticing this yesterday.

The car seems to run fine, but I can feel a sort of vibration through the break pedal when I am stopped and in drive or reverse. If I put it in park, I can't feel the vibration at all.

Is this something to be concerned about? It's more slightly annoying than anything, but not sure if it is the start of a larger problem.

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
Auto transmission? Common to feel a vibration in gear and stopped. Aftermarket axles can make it worse but I would think a 2016 car would have original axles.

But you should have a CVT and I have no experience with them so my comment may not be relevant.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting. I wonder how different it would be with my cvt transmission?

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited, Twilight Blue
57 Posts
My 2016 did that as well. I assume you have a 2.5? In my case it was just a slightly rough idle, most likely from incomplete disengagement of the torque converter in the CVT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2016 did that as well. I assume you have a 2.5? In my case it was just a slightly rough idle, most likely from incomplete disengagement of the torque converter in the CVT.
Yes, its the 2.5. It does feel like a slightly rough idle and I can really only feel it through the break pedal so I would almost not even classify t as a rough idle.
So is it something I should worry about or is it just part of having the CVT?

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited, Twilight Blue
57 Posts
My local service manager tested drove it and said it was normal. It seemed to do it worse when the air conditioner was running, which added to the possibility that it was an engine load issue. I could watch the tachometer and see a difference in the idle speed between park and drive while stopping. I don't remember the exact numbers now, but the RPMs would drop below 1K when I felt the vibration. Never caused a problem though.

I think there is another thread or two on here about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts