Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is what people are calling "wheel shake". The post are a little confusing.
Ever once in a while for a second or two, I will hear what sounds like vibration under the front wheels, like going over some very even micro road imperfections. While it rare that it happens, I assume I am not the only one. I have a little over 38,000 miles. Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,480 Posts
what year you got?

you might hit the link next the question mark in my signature and type that out.

bearings going can make for vibration and start and stop. occasionally brakes too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what year you got?

you might hit the link next the question mark in my signature and type that out.

bearings going can make for vibration and start and stop. occasionally brakes too.
2011 3.6 Limited. None of the links give me that option. The red text next to the question mark, doesnt seem to contain a link.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,480 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx Edition XT
2,174 Posts
I think I heard something about the torque converter being a little wonky for the 5AT 3.6R's for this year? Not sure. Just saying I recently had my converter replaced on my 2.5 and it's a lot smoother. Might be nothing, but could be worth checking out. I think I read that there's a TSB on it.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
1,529 Posts
What you describe may be the front brake caliper pins and bushings needing replacement. Over expansion joints and certain road textures, mine makes a racket.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We had similar issues with ours. Here's a list of what went on ours that transferred through to the steering wheel:
1) inner tie rod ends
2) dealer using standard engine oil instead of factory recommended full synthetic Mobil 1. Car ran so rough it would transfer through the steering wheel!
3) motor mounts, trans mount, torque mount. The mounts really improved things!
4) lower control arm bushing
Best of luck with it.
Regards

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all the responses. All of it helps!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts