Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback, 6-speed manual
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video: My 2-year-old Changing the Tires of our Subaru | Scientology Parent

OK, doesn't get much cuter than this. This morning, after seeing that our car had a flat, and jacking it up to change it (I had already left hours prior for work), my 2-year-old daughter demanded to be able to help "fix the Subaru" because "Mommy, the Subaru is SAD!"

After my wife stood on the wrench to loosen up the bolts, she then watched in awe as our daughter walked up to the wheel, and without being shown what to do, one-by-one loosened all of the lugs on the wheel until it was ready to be taken off.

Video on the link above, as luckily through her dumbfoundednes, my wife was able to pull out her phone & snap some video so she could show me.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Just be careful! Cars on jacks or tires with loose lug nuts are unpredictable. I have a 2yr old also she'll try to do anything you do not always a good thing or safe.

·
Registered
2000 Limited Wagon 5MT
303 Posts
Your daughter is now more knowledgeable in the most basic of automotive repair than most people 10x her age.

·
Registered
2010 Outback, 6-speed manual
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your daughter is now more knowledgeable in the most basic of automotive repair than most people 10x her age.
What's shocking to me, as well, is that she also can identify 2nd and 3rd-generation Priuses, Miatas, Ferraris and Aston-Martins, and likes Aston-Martins because they sound "FAST AND LLLOUD!" per her. :)

·
Registered
2012 OB 2.5i Ltd, CVT Ruby Red Pearl, Moonroof Pkg/NO Nav/Puddle Lights/110v Pwr Outlet/Body Side Molding/Rear Bumper Cvr
189 Posts
LOL! No...it really DOESN'T get any cuter than that!!! LOVED the "finishing touch" of the lug-nuts on each finger! That was the only reason I loved black olives as a kid...cuz I could stick 'em on all my fingers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts