Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 3.0L
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I finally got around to sitting down and putting together a video of the off road journeys I've had with my Outback. It took a while to do because there were so many hours of footage I had captured, but it was well worth it.

There's some good bits in there, a few bumps and scrapes and also some laughs.

Very good fun making that video. And some truely great experiences have been had. Check it out and let me know what you think :)

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
Thanks for sharing your footage! That's some beautiful landscape you were driving through.

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
That's awesome! The type of mild trails I'm still on the hunt for up here in WA.

Just gotta add that I find it pretty funny that your buddy was out there in flipflops!

Is your suspension stock? Is that front bumper also stock for AUS?

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
That's awesome! The type of mild trails I'm still on the hunt for up here in WA.

Just gotta add that I find it pretty funny that your buddy was out there in flipflops!

Somewhere I saw that he was lifted with A/T tires. Also, I noticed his head lights look like they are aftermarket or retrofitted with HID projectors.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,490 Posts
Let me say, that when I saw that you went through hours of footage, I went and made popcorn.

Cool video. The photo in the tunnel is great.

The ending made me laugh. I almost choked on a kernel.

Excellent work on the video and the car. Kudos. :29:

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 3.0L
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind comments gents. Glad you like the video :)

Nah its got 1"inch raised springs and 1"inch lifting blocks. The front bar is stock but that nudge bar you see is an optional accessory from Subaru.

nice video. that tunnel is pretty cool. whats with the black thing across your grill? is it to keep water out?
Yup, that's right. The water level was a bit iffy so did not want to run the risk of letting water into the air intake. Just covered it up and it maintains a really tight seal preventing water from coming through. Bone dry underneath it. The poor mans snorkel!

Let me say, that when I saw that you went through hours of footage, I went and made popcorn.

Cool video. The photo in the tunnel is great.

The ending made me laugh. I almost choked on a kernel.

Excellent work on the video and the car. Kudos. :29:
Cheers thanks for that. I too enjoy searching YouTube and seeking Subaru related videos. Even at work haha. It makes for a good watch. Glad you liked it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
LOL are you offroading in a knit cardigan and a button up? You Aussies are strange!

BTW What tires are you running?

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 3.0L
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't own a cardigan, lol. Might've spotted my dad in one of the shots...

I'm running Yokohama Geolander AT-S.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
19 Posts
Great video
I have a stock 05 3.0r Outback and want to start exploring. The places you visit look amazing but I just dont know where to start. Where do you get the ideas on where to go that are mild enough for an Outback to go? I live on the South Coast of NSW so any trip ideas you have will be great :)

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 3.0L
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great video
I have a stock 05 3.0r Outback and want to start exploring. The places you visit look amazing but I just dont know where to start. Where do you get the ideas on where to go that are mild enough for an Outback to go? I live on the South Coast of NSW so any trip ideas you have will be great :)
I would highly recommend you purchase the book "4WD Treks Close to Sydney". There is just about to be a brand new edition being released this October I believe, so hold out until then. Gives you turn by turn directions to the best drives in the area including mileage logs which makes it fool-proof to navigate the bush.

I highly recommend the Blue Mountains region and beyond.

Down to Nowra and I've observed that so much is gated up so you cannot access it (compared with North of Sydney up to Newcastle). However I'm sure South of Nowra there would be some nice places to see, I'm just not that familiar with the are.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
19 Posts
Thanks Shiv, yes i have noticed around Nowra there are so many locked gates, very annoying. Thanks for the tip on that book. Keep up the great video uploads and happy journeys, might see you out and about one day :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts