Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
377 Posts
Can you use both, has anyone done so?
Yes, you can. The loyalty program is a rebate and can be combined with the VIP pricing at a participating dealer. I used both VIP and a $750 Loyalty rebate for my Ascent purchase in May.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,418 Posts
Yes, you can. The loyalty program is a rebate and can be combined with the VIP pricing at a participating dealer. I used both VIP and a $750 Loyalty rebate for my Ascent purchase in May.
Jim, how did you manage to get a $750 loyalty coupon?
I thought these are usually for $500.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
1,645 Posts
I thought these are usually for $500.
Mine also is 750 - just got it last week. Not sure what determines this...

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
1,645 Posts
Thanks Sequoia!
How did you get yours? Did you call SOA and ask (like I did)?
How many Subarus have you owned before? Maybe that plays a role in this?
yes I did. I told them Ive owned 2 outbacks - but they only asked for the VIN for my current one, but with my info they could probably find the other - so hard to say.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How do you work a trade-in with the VIP program? If they have to order the car, meaning it won't be there for a few weeks, how is value on your current car assigned?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,418 Posts
How do you work a trade-in with the VIP program? If they have to order the car, meaning it won't be there for a few weeks, how is value on your current car assigned?
I have done this once before.
They looked at the car, and gave me a trade-in value (at the time of order). If nothing much changes in the 10 weeks or so (no crashed, no dents, not too many miles), and the dealer is honest, then they'll give you the agreed upon price for the trade.
In my case, it worked out. When I came to pick up the car, they did not even look at the trade. They took the keys and title, and that was it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yes I did. I told them Ive owned 2 outbacks - but they only asked for the VIN for my current one, but with my info they could probably find the other - so hard to say.
I also got the $750 loyalty and have only purchased once before my 2020 order. Not sure how they determine what to give us when we call to request one.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited w/NAV & Moonroof
38 Posts
I only got a $500 loyalty coupon - by calling SOA. They told me I could NOT use it in conjunction with the VIP discount - even though the coupon specifically says it can be used with any deal.
Oh well, I ordered a 2020 Limited XT - got dealer invoice pricing minus the loyalty coupon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a $500 loyalty coupon. I have had 2 Subarus. My current one is 11 years old. Maybe it’s determined by the age of your current car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have done this once before.
They looked at the car, and gave me a trade-in value (at the time of order). If nothing much changes in the 10 weeks or so (no crashed, no dents, not too many miles), and the dealer is honest, then they'll give you the agreed upon price for the trade.
In my case, it worked out. When I came to pick up the car, they did not even look at the trade. They took the keys and title, and that was it.
Well, unfortunately for me, 10 weeks is 3.500 miles but you do imply it's possible.

Thank's for the information.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
377 Posts
The value of a loyalty rebate varies. Most seem to be $500, but quite a number of use scored $750 and one person on the Ascent forum just garnered $1000. Calling into Subaru is the easiest way to ask for the consideration...and yes, you need to provide the VIN of at least one current Subaru you own, but if you have more than one, mention that and provide the VINs. I had two in the driveway prior to buying my Ascent. We now have three.

How much you get is kinda like spinning the wheel, but whatever you do get awarded is still nice, whether it's $500 or $750 or whatever. :)

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,418 Posts
Well, unfortunately for me, 10 weeks is 3.500 miles but you do imply it's possible.

Thank's for the information.
I would just tell them that 10 weeks will add about 3.5K miles, and ask them to consider that in the quote. You could try to not say anything, but that may give them a reason to lower the trade-in value in the last moment. You never know .....

1 - 20 of 70 Posts