Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got $500 but the dealership says it doesn’t apply with the VIP program, bummer. I replied to the SOA email to see what they say.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,418 Posts
What is the VIP price you are getting?
You can go to a different dealer and ask for that price without the VIP program, and the use the coupon. Worth a shot IMO if SOA says they can't be combined.

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT Autumn Green Metallic/Warm Ivory (ON ORDER), Skid Plates etc
163 Posts
What is the VIP price you are getting?
You can go to a different dealer and ask for that price without the VIP program, and the use the coupon. Worth a shot IMO if SOA says they can't be combined.

Typically in the VIP (if your dealer participates) is getting invoice and some have seen invoice -2% vs MSRP

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
377 Posts
I got $500 but the dealership says it doesn’t apply with the VIP program, bummer. I replied to the SOA email to see what they say.
Read your VIP authorization letter in detail and read the loyalty rebate coupon in detail. The latter certainly doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket, either.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Turing XT White
35 Posts
Did any of you getting the $750 coupon buy the extended warranty? When I called and got my $500, the first thing she asked is if I had an extended warranty. She said it was automatic if I did. I didn't have the extended warranty.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT.
357 Posts
Loyalty coupon??? I have purchased 8 new Subarus in the last 20 years. I was never offered a loyalty coupon!
You typically don't get offered one, you have to call SOA and ask for it. Sometimes they say yes. Sometimes no. Sometimes it's $500, sometimes more. No one knows why.

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT (hopefully soon)
4 Posts
So I found this thread on the Subaru Ascent forums explaining how to leverage the VIP program. YMMV

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,418 Posts
So I found this thread on the Subaru Ascent forums explaining how to leverage the VIP program. YMMV

When I ordered my 2016, I just emailed a handful of dealers. The best quote I got was $1,000 below invoice, which turned out to be a little over 3%.
Bought from that dealer. Everything went very smooth. No added cost, no doc fees. Just title and license.
Hope it will work again for the 2020. Sure beats all the hoops mentioned in the VIP post above, and no $500 membership needed either.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
377 Posts
Did any of you getting the $750 coupon buy the extended warranty?
No...I got the $750 loyalty rebate, don't have an extended service contract and wasn't asked about it, either. They did note that all of our Subarus were regularly serviced at our local dealer...that information comes up from the VIN(s)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sure beats all the hoops mentioned in the VIP post above, and no $500 membership needed either.
$60 with Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and their program is a 2% rebate. No waiting period, either.

·
Registered
2020 Limited 2.5i Outback Magnettie Grey Metallic
222 Posts
You typically don't get offered one, you have to call SOA and ask for it. Sometimes they say yes. Sometimes no. Sometimes it's $500, sometimes more. No one knows why.
Thats what I did. This will be my 5th Subaru, anyway they gave me a $500 coupon, and two weeks later I received a Kuni travel bag and a box of brownies.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT.
357 Posts
$60 with Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and their program is a 2% rebate. No waiting period, either.
I'm waiting to see if anyone has success with this program with the 2020 Outbacks. Can't think of why it wouldn't, but one never knows.

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT Autumn Green Metallic/Warm Ivory (ON ORDER), Skid Plates etc
163 Posts
But is that tax deductible like for example the ASPCA one would be? So that ends up being a win-win for ASPCA and you/

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT.
357 Posts
I factory ordered through the VIP program. I made a post about it in the factory orders thread.
I was referring specifically to the PHS membership. They were 2% below invoice on the 2019 Outbacks, I'm hoping that's still the case for the 2020s.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts