Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I was referring specifically to the PHS membership. They were 2% below invoice on the 2019 Outbacks, I'm hoping that's still the case for the 2020s.
My factory order was with the understanding I would be using the VIP program

·
Registered
236 Posts
Maybe a dumb question...are you in PA? I’m not, but for $60 would leverage that VIP program if it’s honored across the country. Especially since I love landscaping, gardening and have relatives in PA, sounds like a win-win.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
473 Posts
I'm waiting to see if anyone has success with this program with the 2020 Outbacks. Can't think of why it wouldn't, but one never knows.
The VIP Authorization letter doesn't discriminate on models or model years other than excluding the BRX and I think one other thing. You can use it on any in-stock vehicle, in-coming vehicle or on any factory order within 45 days of issue. For the factory order, you just need to place the order before the 45 days run out. My dealer honored it for accessories ordered with my vehicle, too.

But is that tax deductible like for example the ASPCA one would be? So that ends up being a win-win for ASPCA and you/
Yes, it's tax deductible. And you can have your VIP authorization letter "in hand" (in email actually) within a couple days of joining PHS. You also get free admission to the Philadelphia Flower Show (which is pretty incredible) where Subaru is a major sponsor and even has vehicles on the floor to sit in. (obviously that particular benefit is more valuable to folks who are within reasonable distance of Philadelphia in the late spring) I actually paid $90 for a two-person membership because my older (special needs) daughter is a florist and I took her to the show using the two free tickets at that membership level. So my Subaru VIP discount really only cost me about $30 because we probably would have gone to the show anyway and tickets are $30 each.

·
Registered
2020 OB Touring XT (2.4L Turbo)
5 Posts
Is there anyway for someone buying their 1st Subaru Outback to get any of these Coupons?

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,160 Posts
Is there anyway for someone buying their 1st Subaru Outback to get any of these Coupons?
I think any of the VIP coupons would be obtainable, but not the loyalty coupon, as it requires you are a repeat customer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think any of the VIP coupons would be obtainable, but not the loyalty coupon, as it requires you are a repeat customer.
Thank you but I guess then it is too late because my Touring XT is due in sometime next week.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
473 Posts
Thank you but I guess then it is too late because my Touring XT is due in sometime next week.
It's not "technically" too late for VIP if your dealer participates in the program...joining PHS only takes a few minutes and you can get your VIP authorization letter within a couple of days. You have to look at your deal and see if it's worth your time/effort, however. It depends upon what your current agreed to price is. Haggling over a few dollars isn't worth the hassle, IMHO, but if the difference would be meaningful, check it out.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
It's not "technically" too late for VIP if your dealer participates in the program...joining PHS only takes a few minutes and you can get your VIP authorization letter within a couple of days. You have to look at your deal and see if it's worth your time/effort, however. It depends upon what your current agreed to price is. Haggling over a few dollars isn't worth the hassle, IMHO, but if the difference would be meaningful, check it out.
guess it depends on how much of a stickler they are for this, which is written on the authorization letter:

"Must present the approved VIP Program Retailer Visit Authorization form at first contact with the retailer."

also regarding other coupons (doesn't mention loyalty- probably at dealers discretion):

"The special pricing under the VIP Program cannot be combined with any other SOA promotional offers, coupons (such as, but not limited to, Auto Show & Ambassador coupons) or direct mail/email offers (Except Subaru Reward Dollars, Subaru Guaranteed Trade Program (GTP), Subaru Added Security Maintenance Plan or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Coupons)."

·
Registered
5 Posts
guess it depends on how much of a stickler they are for this, which is written on the authorization letter:

"Must present the approved VIP Program Retailer Visit Authorization form at first contact with the retailer."

also regarding other coupons (doesn't mention loyalty- probably at dealers discretion):

"The special pricing under the VIP Program cannot be combined with any other SOA promotional offers, coupons (such as, but not limited to, Auto Show & Ambassador coupons) or direct mail/email offers (Except Subaru Reward Dollars, Subaru Guaranteed Trade Program (GTP), Subaru Added Security Maintenance Plan or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Coupons)."
Oh well thank you everyone.
Just thought if there was a way to save an extra $500 or so and being retired I thought why not try. I will still look forward to my new and 1st Subaru next week.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Oh well thank you everyone.
Just thought if there was a way to save an extra $500 or so and being retired I thought why not try. I will still look forward to my new and 1st Subaru next week.
always try! And congrats on your car! I am envious - I haven't placed my order yet.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Ltd XT
24 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice here. I first purchased a Subaru Forester in 1999 followed by another Forester in 2005 which has now been passed on to my daughter. I had no idea a loyalty coupon even existed until I read this forum. Called SOA customer service today. It was literally a 2 minute conversation with the service agent I mentioned that my understanding was they were awarding $750 coupons. He just verified my name and last Subaru purchase and then without hesitation replied, "Sure I can do that." Before the call ended he had emailed me a voucher. He also emphasized to be sure you agree on the best price you can with your dealer before presenting the coupon for further discount off the agreed upon price.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts