Subaru Outback Forums banner

VIP pricing process

64216 566
Here is the link to ASPCA Subaru VIP processing information page. All you need to know to get 2% below invoice. You will need to know which dealerships participate in the program (call around). It takes about two days to get your ASPCA membership number and then you complete an on-line form at ASPCA to acquire the VIP code for the dealership. I do not know how other non-profit Subaru partners manage this process.

I was pulling my hair out earlier today after talking with some dealerships that stated that only some vehicles would qualify for the VIP program discounts (despite me custom ordering the vehicle). One dealer said they participate but would max out at $500 discount. I have a call and email into the SOA VIP program office about this nonsense.

I then encountered dealerships that wanted too much for their doc fee / dealer prep fee or whatever they wanted to call it. In the past it would not be too difficult to negotiate it out, but these days are not normal. I eventually found a dealership that does not charge any dealer fees at all.
1 - 20 of 567 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From Subaru VIP department:

"That is correct, if a retailer is participating, they should not be limiting which vehicles qualify for the discount. Each customer should receive the proper pricing as indicated on their authorization form.

If a retailer is not willing to provide the proper pricing, they would be removed from the program and we would assist the customer in locating a retailer that would properly place an order at the VIP price.

Additionally, once a sale is completed, the sale documents are audited for compliance. As I explained, many retailers will not agree to honor the program, without seeing eligibility up front, which may be what you have experienced."

Note: This last statement from the VIP office is NOT what I experienced. In no uncertain terms, these dealers were limiting their sales through the VIP program and thereby their ability to have vehicles for sale at a higher profit. Do not let them bully you. If you experience this, email the VIP program and they will connect you with a dealer who can take care of you.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
The Solterra and STI are specially excluded on my pricing sheet. Sometimes this changes based off hot models. Previously the Crosstrek Hybrid was excluded but now is eligible.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2021 Outback Limited 2.5L - 🍦The Ice Cream Man🍦
5,549 Posts
No dealership is required to participate in any special program affiliated with Subaru. And even if they do they have the ability to adjust the terms as they see fit at this point. I need to stress and emphasize the fact that programs like VIP or developed as a way to incentivize buyers to buy cars, due to the fact that current circumstances within the industry have caused incentives to not be necessary to facilitate vehicle purchases, don't get your hopes up about anyone fully participating and said incentive programs on terms you hope that they will.

Take what you can get if you can get anything at all but don't expect any automotive business to be going out of their way to give it to you at a time when they're simply having difficulty obtaining inventory to sell. Supply and demand puts all the leverage in their favor.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No dealership is required to participate in any special program affiliated with Subaru. And even if they do they have the ability to adjust the terms as they see fit at this point. I need to stress and emphasize the fact that programs like VIP or developed as a way to incentivize buyers to buy cars, due to the fact that current circumstances within the industry have caused incentives to not be necessary to facilitate vehicle purchases, don't get your hopes up about anyone fully participating and said incentive programs on terms you hope that they will.

Take what you can get if you can get anything at all but don't expect any automotive business to be going out of their way to give it to you at a time when they're simply having difficulty obtaining inventory to sell. Supply and demand puts all the leverage in their favor.
According to the Subaru VIP office, the dealers do NOT have the right to adjust the program as they see fit. They can choose to participate or not, but once they are part of it they must abide and honor the program terms. I have an email from the VIP office stating as such. I identified my VIP dealer for my Onyx and the dealer will not charge any dealer fees (saving $700 based on another dealers fees). I will be using the Subaru 1.9% financing and I have a Subaru $500 loyalty credit to put towards the purchase. I have another dealer willing to charge me under $2000 for a 10/100,000 0 deduct on a Gold Plus plan. Other dealers today wanted up to $4150 for the same plan. I think I did very well.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2021 Outback Limited 2.5L - 🍦The Ice Cream Man🍦
5,549 Posts
According to the Subaru VIP office, the dealers do NOT have the right to adjust the program as they see fit. They can choose to participate or not, but once they are part of it they must abide and honor the program terms. I have an email from the VIP office stating as such. I identified my VIP dealer for my Onyx and the dealer will not charge any dealer fees (saving $700 based on another dealers fees). I will be using the Subaru 1.9% financing and I have a Subaru $500 loyalty credit to put towards the purchase. I have another dealer willing to charge me under $2000 for a 10/100,000 0 deduct on a Gold Plus plan. Other dealers today wanted up to $4150 for the same plan. I think I did very well.
Good for you, well it looks like we can close this thread now :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the link to ASPCA Subaru VIP processing information page. All you need to know to get 2% below invoice. You will need to know which dealerships participate in the program (call around). It takes about two days to get your ASPCA membership number and then you complete an on-line form at ASPCA to acquire the VIP code for the dealership. I do not know how other non-profit Subaru partners manage this process.

I was pulling my hair out earlier today after talking with some dealerships that stated that only some vehicles would qualify for the VIP program discounts (despite me custom ordering the vehicle). One dealer said they participate but would max out at $500 discount. I have a call and email into the SOA VIP program office about this nonsense.

I then encountered dealerships that wanted too much for their doc fee / dealer prep fee or whatever they wanted to call it. In the past it would not be too difficult to negotiate it out, but these days are not normal. I eventually found a dealership that does not charge any dealer fees at all.
Hi there, I placed a VIP factory order as well, but I have not received any updates either from SOA or the dealership... Do you know how I could track the process?

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring 2022 Forester Limited
167 Posts
If you have an order number (VON) you can call SOA or your salesman for updates. After you have a VIN you may be able to also get updates on mysubaru.com website - but not in the app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have
If you have an order number (VON) you can call SOA or your salesman for updates. After you have a VIN you may be able to also get updates on mysubaru.com website - but not in the app.
Thanks. I placed the order, paid for the deposit, and got a receipt from the dealer... But I have not received an order number yet... I guess I should ask for the VON from the dealer?

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring 2022 Forester Limited
167 Posts
You can ask the salesman for a copy of your Pipeline Report. It will include the order number as well as other important information.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT - Cinnamon Brown Pearl
366 Posts
Thanks to this forum/post I am happy to report that the VIP Program is still alive and well. Currently in the market for a new 2022 Subaru Outback - either a Touring XT or an Onyx XT and one of the Dealers I visited mentioned the $500 Military VIP program which I applied for but was turned down as I had been out of the Military for too long. However they did give me a $700 Goodwill Loyalty Purchase Assistance coupon. Then after reading here and elsewhere about the ASPCA sponsored VIP Pricing, I made a $500 donation and just received yesterday that Qualification letter offering me the VIP Price of "Retailer Invoice Cost Minus 2%". Plan to visit one of the Dealers today and see what it means to me financially as he mentioned it should equate to at least $2,000 off the Invoice of the Touring XT. However he also quickly stated that he could not combine this with the $700 Loyalty coupon. Will report back how this ultimately pans out!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to this forum/post I am happy to report that the VIP Program is still alive and well. Currently in the market for a new 2022 Subaru Outback - either a Touring XT or an Onyx XT and one of the Dealers I visited mentioned the $500 Military VIP program which I applied for but was turned down as I had been out of the Military for too long. However they did give me a $700 Goodwill Loyalty Purchase Assistance coupon. Then after reading here and elsewhere about the ASPCA sponsored VIP Pricing, I made a $500 donation and just received yesterday that Qualification letter offering me the VIP Price of "Retailer Invoice Cost Minus 2%". Plan to visit one of the Dealers today and see what it means to me financially as he mentioned it should equate to at least $2,000 off the Invoice of the Touring XT. However he also quickly stated that he could not combine this with the $700 Loyalty coupon. Will report back how this ultimately pans out!
Your dealer is mistaken. I have in fact confirmed that loyalty coupons (I received the basic $500 loyalty coupon from SOA ) can be combined with the VIP (ASPCA) discount. I combined the 2% VIP discount with the loyalty coupon and the 1.9% interest rate for my Onyx XT order. I suggest you simply email SOA to receive a written reply on this issue to show your dealer. You can email the SOA VIP program for this request.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Your dealer is mistaken. I have in fact confirmed that loyalty coupons (I received the basic $500 loyalty coupon from SOA ) can be combined with the VIP (ASPCA) discount. I combined the 2% VIP discount with the loyalty coupon and the 1.9% interest rate for my Onyx XT order. I suggest you simply email SOA to receive a written reply on this issue to show your dealer. You can email the SOA VIP program for this request.
I plan to visit a second dealership and will see. The Qualification letter does state the following "VIP pricing cannot be combined with any other Subaru offers or vouchers except Subaru Guaranteed Trade Program (GTP) or $500 Subaru Added Security Maintenance Plan Coupon". And this letter came straight from the SOA VIP Program. Either way $2,000 plus off a new 2022 Touring XT is more than enough to make me happy and I do appreciate your original post!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan to visit a second dealership and will see. The Qualification letter does state the following "VIP pricing cannot be combined with any other Subaru offers or vouchers except Subaru Guaranteed Trade Program (GTP) or $500 Subaru Added Security Maintenance Plan Coupon". And this letter came straight from the SOA VIP Program. Either way $2,000 plus off a new 2022 Touring XT is more than enough to make me happy and I do appreciate your original post!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just to be clear: Is this $2,000 off the invoice price or the MSRP?
Just visited the dealer today and it was roughly $3,100 off the price out the door on either an Onyx XT or a Touring XT! On the fine print it says 2% off of Invoice price. I went to the dealer to actually see what it would mean to me. Needless to say the $500 spent on an ASPCA membership was money well spent.

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited 2.5i, 2021 Outback Touring 2.5
79 Posts
Just visited the dealer today and it was roughly $3,100 off the price out the door on either an Onyx XT or a Touring XT! On the fine print it says 2% off of Invoice price. I went to the dealer to actually see what it would mean to me. Needless to say the $500 spent on an ASPCA membership was money well spent.
Hmmm... I'm still not clear. "The Price out the door" in my mind could be either 37100 on a Touring, or 39900 on a Touring.

What was your price out the door? And for clarity, what was the MSRP on your vehicle? And what was the Invoice price?

If you have these numbers, it would be great. I'm trying to decide if a 2020 used Touring would be worth it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hmmm... I'm still not clear. "The Price out the door" in my mind could be either 37100 on a Touring, or 39900 on a Touring.

What was your price out the door? And for clarity, what was the MSRP on your vehicle? And what was the Invoice price?

If you have these numbers, it would be great. I'm trying to decide if a 2020 used Touring would be worth it.
The price I was quoted for a 2022 Subaru Outback Touring XT with two options (trailer hitch and engine block heater) was $41,869 (same price as I built it on Subaru's website). Out the door minus the Doc fee, 6% taxes and title fee is $38,124.

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited 2.5i, 2021 Outback Touring 2.5
79 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking to buy an Outback on the VIP program with the SOA Loyalty coupon. Has anyone found a good dealer in the midwest that will honor these things with little hassle?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 567 Posts