Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A really neat car from the Germans. I had the pleasure to see one rallycross over Memorial Day weekend. Six cylinders, all wheel drive, small body (the Golf I believe), and a nice engine/exhaust sound. The problem with it is even though it is quite fast and I'm sure made well, you can get an Impreza STI for just as cheap if not less.

Anyone seen one yet? Real smooth lines, slightly bulging fenders, nice leather interior...Brian

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hi Brian,

We've had them here for some months, admired one at a motor show in February. We only get 200 R32's for the entire year here. Fuel consumption is hefty for a car it's size, uses a lot more than an Outback 3.0R, although it is faster :eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wheels magazine over here in Oz did a review of the R32 vs the WRX STi. They gave the R32 engine/drive train a great wrap but gave the suspension a real bagging. The overall result was I think 4 stars for the Suby and 2.5 stars for the R32 (I'll have to check those ratings when I get home, but I'm sure I'm right).

A mate of mine has just bought the R32 and loves it, but he lives in Adelaide (South Australia) and I'm here in Sydney. For you Americans that's like me living in New York and him living in, say Indianapolis as far as distance goes. I'm hoping to visit him in December and give his R32 a blast around the Adelaide hills. He tried my Ouback 3.0R and loved it and was going to buy one, but I think he had a brain explosion at the last minute and bought the VW.

He also has a fully restored Lotus Elan which we'll give a bit of "hurry up to" around the Adelaide hills as well. Might make for an interesting day out trying the R32 against the Elan!:18: yeehaar roll on December.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Boxer3.0R
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing