Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of the new Volvo V50? I've been looking at it and think it looks like a fantastic car. An awd version is planned. Any thoughts? A few pics...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
As AWESOM-O would say "laaame."

Maybe I'm just TOO obsessed with Subaru's, but every new wagon I see just looks like a weak attempt to copy the Legacy/Outback models.

I've especially noticed a huge increase in two-tone color schemes, with gray plastic always being used around wheel wells and along the length of the body and bumpers. I wonder where they got that idea...

For the most part, the Subaru wagons seem to offer more bang for your buck than those from any other manufacturer.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
In some of those shots, it resembles a Focus wagon to me...

·
Registered
MY04 Outback 3.0
75 Posts
I like the center console but have to wait for the real thing to arrive before I make a judgment. Volvo had a new S40 sedan going around the country as a special preview to selected customers.

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
242 Posts
Well the new compact Volvos are just a Mazda underneath, so at least it won't handle like a Volvo.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Yeah, I'm not crazy about that console.

And I prefer the way the OB roof has the strips to keep cargo off the paint.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Volvo wagons have always turned me on. I have long drooled at the Cross Country, but the prices are way outta my range. However, the new MY05 Subaru Outback to me looks similar to that Volvo pic above, which is a good thing in my book. Brian

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
I'd love to see that "titanium" finish console when the car is a couple of years old, that stuff scratches sooo easily! Oh well, they are only 2 years behind the times in copying the idea from Mazda, haha.

·
Outback onsight...
'03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
1,264 Posts
ever see a ten year old volvo on th road ?

I don't know about you but volvos seem to get discarded rather quickly by owners . I rarely see many older volvos on the road then again never offroad. Cost would be the major problem and maintainence cost. Try buying volvo patrs they are too spendy!! can you say open your wallet !! Subaru's rule !:eek:

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: ever see a ten year old volvo on th road ?

scooby said:
I don't know about you but volvos seem to get discarded rather quickly by owners . I rarely see many older volvos on the road then again never offroad. Cost would be the major problem and maintainence cost. Try buying volvo patrs they are too spendy!! can you say open your wallet !! Subaru's rule !:eek:
My parents have a 14 year old 240DL that they are thinking about trading in on a new volvo. The thing still runs great though.

·
Outback onsight...
'03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
1,264 Posts
why are so few on the road?

you have an exception to the rule. But most good cars are still on the road. However maintainence is key most don't care and drive them into the ground.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts