Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I will contact SOA next week.

I ordered, coming up on a week, a 2013 2.5i Limited, twilight blue, base, and with pop package 2 and a few additional options. Left a 500$ check as a deposit.

The dealer gave me a paper with the VON on it. However nothing heard from since.

It seems like the least SOA could do would be to send an immediate email acknowledging the VON is received in their system and to expect further updates. The process of some people getting an email the next day, some a week or so later, and some not at all just does not inspire confidence.

Last I factory ordered a car was 1997 in Baumholder through AAFES Military car sales--a Pontiac Sunfire. Paperwork was signed and complete details known right at time of order. And as I recall it only took 45 days then and that included overseas--Sunfire was made in KY I believe. Things sure have changed..now who knows whether they really submitted order, won't do actual sales paperwork on a car they dont have and blah blah (although I see where some dealers will do the paperwork once the VIN is known--somehow I bet I don't have such a dealer)..

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
I think dealers are sporadic at best in notifying buyers of VON/VIN#s. I was in my dealer yesterday for an oil change and ended up BSing with parts guy about the changes in the new 2013's. I mentioned my recent order and he asked when it was due. Told him I hadn't heard a peep from the dealer or SOA since the order a couple of weeks ago. He said hold on and punched up my order. He gave me the VON, VIN and the date shipped as well as estimated arrival date. Not too shabby. I will be curious to see if the dealer or SOA ever contacts me before it arrives.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
I think dealers are sporadic at best in notifying buyers of VON/VIN#s. I was in my dealer yesterday for an oil change and ended up BSing with parts guy about the changes in the new 2013's. I mentioned my recent order and he asked when it was due. Told him I hadn't heard a peep from the dealer or SOA since the order a couple of weeks ago. He said hold on and punched up my order. He gave me the VON, VIN and the date shipped as well as estimated arrival date. Not too shabby. I will be curious to see if the dealer or SOA ever contacts me before it arrives.
So what are you getting? and how is Chris? I haven't been in for awhile, my OBW just keeps on going.

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope not...

I think dealers are sporadic at best in notifying buyers of VON/VIN#s. ......
Really hope that's not the case because I did email SOA twice since last night. The first reply was: Based on what you told us, your outback should arrive at your dealer in mid to late September.

I emailed back to say I hoped you would actually confirm the VON was in the system; I thought there was supposed to be a welcoming email.

Reply: The email after receiving an order is a program no longer offered by Subaru of America. We have a twilight blue Outback LTD with popular package 2.

hmmm.. Well it seems I didn't mention the color in my initial inquiry so it seems they did get the order which is good. Guess I'm just anxious !

So now I really am wondering if I will hear anything at all until the vehicle actually arrives. :confused:

·
Registered
2021 OB Touring XT
90 Posts
I ordered a 2013 OB about 10 days ago or so myself. A couple days after the initial order I checked with my dealer just to confirm the order was successful and it was. My dealer says he checks the status of it weekly and will keep me informed. As of now it just says delivery is expected in the month of september. If nothing else, just bug your dealer for updates. Nothing wrong with wondering the status of a ~$30K order right? I'm anxious too :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings,
I placed an order for a 2013 Outback 2.51 Premium MT on 7/18 and received the VON number while at the dealership.
The only other contact I had was a phone call on 8/14 telling me that the vehicle had arrived.
YMMV,
b.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
So what are you getting? and how is Chris? I haven't been in for awhile, my OBW just keeps on going.
Great to hear yours is going strong. I could really tell at about 15-17K ours was really well broken in and running strong, also milage was up to 25-26mpg in mostly city driving. Just got back from a three day run to southshore and it was a dream driving Hiway 50. I still can't believe I'm trading it.

We ordered another white 2.5i with SAP and a whole pile of extras. MSRP is just north of $36K.:gasp: After we sign the papers I'll list the options. I think there are a dozen or so. :eek:

Chris is great and really up on the new models-way better than the salespeople. They opened the new building for Subaru's and the service/parts dept are way different than the old building.

Order date 7-31-12. Scheduled delivery date 9-6-12

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Great to hear yours is going strong. I could really tell at about 15-17K ours was really well broken in and running strong, also milage was up to 25-26mpg in mostly city driving. Just got back from a three day run to southshore and it was a dream driving Hiway 50. I still can't believe I'm trading it.

We ordered another white 2.5i with SAP and a whole pile of extras. MSRP is just north of $36K.:gasp: After we sign the papers I'll list the options. I think there are a dozen or so. :eek:

Chris is great and really up on the new models-way better than the salespeople. They opened the new building for Subaru's and the service/parts dept are way different than the old building.

Order date 7-31-12. Scheduled delivery date 9-6-12
Thanks for the update. I'll keep my eyes out for the white SAP. We just made a two day 700 mile r/t to Southern Oregon. Got 26 mpg and hit 10K miles about 20 miles from home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts