Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do folks think:
Vredestein Quatrac 5 225/60R18 for mainly city some forest roads in Southeast US?

Stock 2016 2.5i Tour

Looking for keeping quiet and gas mileage.

I drive around 30K per year.

Been getting around 28 mpg.

Want confidence in rain and sometimes forest roads to get to trailheads.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
840 Posts
You will get better traction than most other tires, certainly any all season tire. That is an all-weather tire. All weather tires can be over simplified as a Winter tire modified for all season use. They have a snowflake symbol. If you like the idea of a true all weather tire I would get Nokian WR G3 or WR G4. You are in the SE. Longevity may be a factor depending on how hot it stays.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited
546 Posts
I am seriously considering these same tires. There is not very much information about them but Tirerack seems to like them. The price is certainly good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would worry with that low of a score on the UTQG that you will be repacking tires every year or so.

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited
1 Posts
Bought those tires and drove them all last summer and into the fall, Not exactly spirited driving but I enjoy New England back roads and drive a lot of dirt roads as well, great traction show no sign of wear w/ about 5k miles on them. And they worked fine for our first couple of snow flakes on serious hills before I put my Nokians on. I highly recommend them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts