Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is a e-mail that I got back from a WAAG rep about the possibility of a brush/bull bar:

I will forward your e-mail to our R&D department. You might want to call and
follow up in a couple of months for statues.
Have a nice day!
Customer Service Department
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 9:49 PM
Subject: Subaru

> Hello,
> I own a Subaru Baja Truck and I know that there are a lot of other
owners that are looking for a brush/grill guard for their Baja's. I also know that there are people with Foresters taht are looking as well. I am writing you to encurage you to make some products for the subaru lines.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Ben
>
I propose that all of us give them a call to get them to do this. I know that some of us are frothing at the mouth for one, like I am. We all have seen the ones from the ausie comanies and have been trying to get it imported with no luck.

Her is their contact info:
http://www.waag.com
Customer Service: [email protected]
For retail customers looking for an authorized waag dealer or for questions regarding returns, warranty issues, part numbers and application questions.

Technical Support: [email protected]
For questions concerning installation, WAAG products in general (e.g. Does this product work with my other accessories).

By Phone: (800) 492-2452 By Fax: (818) 989-5226

By Mail: WAAG Los Angeles
16000 Strathern Ave.
Van Nuys, Ca 91406

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
made in USA

we do have offroad bumper here in USA made by Mudrat designs.

I have one on my '03 OBW and another is on a friends '03 Baja. I have pics posted at subarureview.com under photos(legacy only).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seen it, I am looking a little more like a bull bar not a bumper replacement. I like the way it looks now and don't want to remove the bumper, but get the bull bar in it's place.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
MUDRAT 79CAN FAB CUSTOM WORK

Only problem with a bull bar is you lose ground clearance at least 2"
so you'd better have a lift!

another option is a (4 light capacity)lightbar from Rallitek that mounts to the frame under the grille.(rally design)

I would suggest getting some custom fab work done it's cheaper and no import dutys/tarriffs/shipping hassles!

All the Aussie stuff is nice and they will ship it for $$$
I prefer to support the US ecomony here creating jobs in the USA!:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thought I had was to get the 4 light bar and have a bull bar built off that. But don't know what exactly I want to do yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
bajanut
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing