Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5 No eyesight package/no navi
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from SOA this week with my cars VIN. They said my car should be at the dealership by June 15th. With the VIN, I am now able to set up mysubaru.com for my car. (This is my first Subaru.) I called my insurance and got that all ready to go and will activate with one phone call.

I know there's a few of us with cars on order right now. Anyone else get the good news?

·
Premium Member
2016 OB Premium
95 Posts
Hope you enjoy your new Subaru. I have order numerous parts and installed them myself, ie color matched side trim, color matched door edge guards, splash guards and found a chrome strip on ebay, that goes across the back of the car above the license plate. All were easy to install and improved the looks of the car. Good luck

·
Registered
2018 OB 3.6R Touring Dark Blue Pearl
85 Posts
Hope you enjoy your new Subaru. I have order numerous parts and installed them myself, ie color matched side trim, color matched door edge guards, splash guards and found a chrome strip on ebay, that goes across the back of the car above the license plate. All were easy to install and improved the looks of the car. Good luck
Could you share the link to where you found the chrome strip? Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I cannot be trusted with anything that "glues" to something. It ends up crooked every time and I don't want my mark on the new car! I've found some Subaru items (cargo organizers and the like) on Amazon that is a couple of bucks cheaper than a dealer that I've ordered.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I wake up to a new email from Subaru. My car has been born and is now on a train headed to CA from the factory. The arrival date has been pushed out to 6/18! Eee gads, that train must be pulled by mules! Can anyone shed some light on why it takes almost 4 weeks to arrive? I did order options, but assumed (by reading on this forum) that the "port" was next door to the factory and that is where the accessories were put on. So I can't see the car being offloaded at another "port" for more work to be done.

The wait is excruciating!

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
So I wake up to a new email from Subaru. My car has been born and is now on a train headed to CA from the factory. The arrival date has been pushed out to 6/18! Eee gads, that train must be pulled by mules! Can anyone shed some light on why it takes almost 4 weeks to arrive?
Didn't they tell you? The car now has to go to Japan to be ritualistically purified at a Shinto shrine.

Reactions: Tail11

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a little researching on auto rail cars. I found this interesting BNSF map of factories and routes. If BNSF is shipping, I'm not sure if the car will travel to the north or south to get to the closest port - which is probably Richmond CA. After sitting at many RR crossings waiting for the train to slowly back up, hook and then pull forward to do it all over again, I guess that helps me to understand it taking it 4 weeks to arrive. It'd been faster for me to fly to the factory and drive it back on back roads for the first 1K miles! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts