Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 2.5i Premium
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace a tire recently due to a massive metal shard find it's way into my tire, and I found the tread worn more than I expected, which got me looking forward to replacing the whole set sometime in the next 2 years.

I want something with a bit more tooth than the conti's, so I am thinking about going with some geolanders, but I have a few questions about it.

first, I would like to size up a hair to 225/65 R17 or 225/70 R17

I would also like to add strut spacers to give me a little extra clearance and a little more freedom on the tires.

after searching around the forum, a few things are still unclear.

1: I've seen pics of how the rear wheel moves toward the front of the fender well when lifted, but how much lift make that obvious or a problem? I am not going over 1" of lift, and probably only 1/2 or 3/4.

2: how much will this lift impact my camber? can anyone with a similar lift let me know if it is noticeable in tire wear? what can do to fix the camber?

3:anyone use either of these tire sizes? how does the car handle them?

thanks for your help any advise beyond what I've asked about would be helpful too.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
A 1/2" to 3/4" lift will not effect your suspension geometry significantly. I lifted mine about 2 inches, and it was pretty out of whack...

A Yoko Geolandar AT/S 225/70r16 tire fits. It's tight, but never rubs. It is 28.3" tall and is 7" wide at the tread. I run this size. No problems. Terrific tire.

A 225/70/r17 is 29.6" tall. I honestly do not think that will fit (without some creative mallet work!) The 225/60 is 27.6" and will likely fit no problem. The 225/65r17 is 28.5" and would probably fit.

Info: Yokohama*Geolandar A/T-S

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
i got a 1" lift in mine, nothing really to hard that a realignment couldn't fix,will be getting primitive king springs to help out the lift, might want to look into them as well,to me would help hold the height that u want, our springs will sag over time, i added the inch lift and it was at a foot of clearance now i am at 10 1/2 to 11inchs....

also would used subtle solutions for any lift, but that's just me...

·
Registered
2011 2.5i base
270 Posts
I've got 1" spacer in the rear and .75" in front.. works pretty well and keeps the ride soft. I'm running 225/70/16 tires also, and they are pretty tight against the rear wheel well, maybe 1/2" from contact.

NOTE: The rear camber on your car is NOT adjustable at all, so the more you lift, the more positive camber you're stuck with back there. Even at 1" of lift in the rear the outside of the rear tires are wearing extremely fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts