Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mishap last night in the rain in my 02 L.L.Bean, so now I need a new wheel. I would like it in decent condition, and I want it to match the ones on the car. If anyone has one please let me know, as they are not easy to come by.

·
Registered
01 obw 2.5 5 speed
117 Posts

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
I have 3 good ones and 1 that's scratched up pretty good (all came from a rolled 2002 LLBean, only one sustained damage). I'd let you have the pick of the litter with or without a good tire for $100+shipping (which may not be that bad).

I'd sell the complete set of 4 for $250 with good tires. . . $200 without (plus shipping either way).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I picked up one from the junkyard today and learned the hard way that evidently there are 2 different color rims. Gold was the one I picked. Mine is lie Champaign. Are yours my color or gold?

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
I'll check by the VIN if they differentiate. . Or I could take a pic. I can tell you they came off a black(ish) LL Bean, same year as yours (2002).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evidently now after more research there are 2 different colors but identical wheels. Evidently mine are bright sparkle silver.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I have no idea what color mine is. I guess just put a pic up. All I know is that the one I brought home is the same design, wrong color.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
The light wintergreen/seafoam green/whatever they call it? Not the darker forest green (both unofficial names I'm pretty sure).

I have a 2001 LL Bean I just got in that color (wintergreen). I'll compare the 2002 black beaner rim to it and see how it compares.

Beyond that, got any photog friends with a grey card? I have one and can snap a pic with one of those for at least a color saturation reference (adjust the saturation/hue in a pic of mine with grey card included to a reference grey card).

Probably not the right way to do it but it's the best idea I've got. Called the dealer, they said it would show a part no. for the wheel when looked up by VIN, not the color. Might could run your VIN and see if it and the vin of the black beaner I parted have the same part no. for the wheel?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did not have time to call the dealer but I snapped some photos on my way out the door to work. The first pic is of the wheel I found, the second one is my wheel. The wheel on the car is mine to compare to the cladding, and the last pic compares the two wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called the dealer with a part number and got 28111AE13A. They have no idea if that tells the color or not nor anyway to find the color.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
If that's the part # they called up for your VIN it's the same as mine.

Donor car VIN is 4S3BH806X27631711 if you want to check yourself.

Mine calls up 28111AE13A as well according to my local dealer.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well out of my pictures which wheel do you think yours is the closest to? I ordered a refinished one and I have the same problem, it is way to dark. I am calling Subaru's office tomorrow to see if they can be of any help. The issue with the part number is as far as I can tell, and what my parts guy said as well, is that it does not differentiate a color, and he has no way of knowing what color the wheels are.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you could post a picture of the wheels it would be a great help for me to figure this one out.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i / 2009 Forester X
46 Posts
If you are still looking for this style of rim, I have two of these in decent shape in the goldish/champaign color. Located in DC area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.