Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have both headlight assemblies for sale? I'm in southern WV but can pay to ship them. Many thanks in advance.

~m

·
Registered
2001 LL Bean
49 Posts
Do you need the turn signals too? I believe it may still have both headlight assemblies.There is a '98 in the local pnp, but there was a blizzard that went through today. Their price sheet isn't real clear how much they charge for the assembly. What are you willing to spend?

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
891 Posts
I have 2 non cracked pieces from a 99 GT, they have the seperate corners. Lemme know if interested

·
Registered
1998 subaru legacy outback 2.5l
42 Posts
i have

i have a pair that are decent i accept paypal. there a good used set right side flawless, drivers side was hit but not cracked on lense just one mounting tab messed up.. ill take your best offer on them and i have pictures if you like:D

·
Registered
1998 Outback limited
2 Posts
pulling a headlight assembly on a 98 outback

I have a 98 outback that I need to remove the headlight assemblies on. I took out the center grill, removed the 2 headlight retaining screws on top and the screw on the inside behind the grill. It still looks and acts like their is a screw on the outside of the headlight behind the turn signal light that the assembly is pivoting on. I've tried removing the turn signal light by taking the screw on top out and pulling the light straight forward. As I recalled on earlier outbacks there's a post that goes straight back and the turn light should come by pulling it straight out. It's a no go and I don't want to force things. What is the right way to pull out a headlight assembly without breaking things????

·
Registered
1998 legacy outback
8 Posts
there are 4 screws in total. 2 on top one on each side. i took whole car apart a few weeks ago. you must pull turn signal to pull headlight. the last screw is behind it. there is one screw and a plug on turn signal. just pull firm but gently and kinda wiggle it. or use a body plug popper tool (whatever their called) to assist in making it pop out. try to pry somewhere that you wont scratch paint. hope this is helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.