Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
i highly recommend buying a 30 dollar set of aftermarket speakers and using those - Far better sound quality and not very expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that the stock head unit made anything other than stock speakers sound like crap. Is this true? I'd happily buy aftermarket if they will sound good with the head unit.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
It's true, the stock head unit has been tuned to attenuate the frequencies that the stock speakers can't reproduce properly, but a blind replacement with anything aftermarket would not "sound like crap."

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am no audiophile but I think the stock setup in the 05 Limited is fantastic. I picked up a complete 09 Harman Kardon system to put in and decided the stuff in there already was so good that it was not worth the time replacing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i promise, if you heard a GOOD aftermarket system you would be SO in shock at how much better it sounds than the BEST factory system you have ever heard, that you would almost be disappointed in yourself for thinking a factory system sounds decent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
dlo13
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing