Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Graphite Gray
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
maybe someone has already made this mod and can help. Since it looks like SVX hasn't responded to his emails or his ae64 webpage...does anyone have the pinout info for the wiring that is shared between the climate control HU and the HK Nav HU for 2011 outbacks? want to understand what I am getting myself into when I go down this path. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
525 Posts
I'm curious about this, as I didn't recall any interconnection between the automatic hvac and the HK Nav HU. - Nothing that I can recall in the hvac controls affects the Nav on mine, which should be the same as the 2011 model year. (Only exception might be the USB connection in the center armrest).

I've personally been eyeing one of the Android based units, that include a new center bezel, since we're left with the extra buttons that sit above the hvac controls. - Actually, I've pulled my NAV HU, and it wasn't connected to the hvac, other than the shared lighting/ignition wiring as I recall. (It's been 2 years since I installed the ground pin to the brake input on my head unit, so I'm definitely going from memory here).

My biggest issue is that most of the large screen units from AliExpress don't appear to support Sirius/XM, which is a separate box on our vehicles, but does get interconnected obviously for the HU to control that tuner.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I did a swap of a non OEM nav unit on a '12 Limited with no issues, with the auto HVAC. Like cyberdog, I don't remember anything that tied the two unit together, except maybe constant power and illumination (not in the same plug, just the circuit). As for the pin out, I don't know of one on here but you might be able to find one over on the Legacy forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts