Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we get extended warranties from any dealership or do we have to buy from dealer buying the car? What is good pricing for 7yr/10yr coverage... And which coverage is good for overall Subarus that will also take care of Eyesight since the electronics will probably go first towards end of life.

This will be for the wife and she gets 10+ out of her cars. I'm just worried about the eyesight, backup cam, moving led head lights... Ect

Thanks to all ahead of posting ��

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,072 Posts
There is LOTS of discussion about pricing further down in the model discussion sections. Also, based on that discussion you will see that you can buy the SAS plans from ANY dealer as it is a Subaru-backed warranty.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Read the fine print covered items. I recall the “ tech warranty the dealer made a stink about” was 3rd party BS coverage jacked up 500% by the dealer when the Auto Maker warranty was clear that it covered the tech gear.

Subaru warrantys tend to be higher than other makes mainly due to dealers keeping them close to the cuff. But my super complicated Ford Fusion Energie Titanium $35,500 invoice car was $1300 for full coverage 6yrs 125,000 via a dealer across the US from me with a online purchase form. My dealer offered me $2900 4yr 100,000 basic LOL. That was a $700 value at the dealer I bought my cover everything 6yr 125,000 Ford warranty. Finance guy was pissed I by passed his fleecing.

I’ve never bought extended warranty on my Subarus. I havent spent more than a few $100 on warranty type fixes on them before 100k

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
You can technically get from any dealer prior to your basic Subaru warranty expiring.

The caveat is that due to some state's laws, not all dealers can sell in all states.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts