Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think. Check out Hudsonsubaru.com in New Jersey. Go to the Inventory icon and click on "Warranty for Life". Sounds to good to be true. At no additional charge ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It is New Jersey, so the way the dealer would get out of the "For life" part of the deal might be something to consider.

You might live longer without it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I didn't go to the website but is the fine print included? My guess is that you have to take it to the dealer for every service and pay for every service that they recommend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually got my 2013 Outback 2.5P from HudsonSubaru last month.. that actually applies on the engine and transmission and no charge :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't go to the website but is the fine print included? My guess is that you have to take it to the dealer for every service and pay for every service that they recommend.
Actually in the ad it states that service work can be done at any reputable mechanic.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
There are limits as well. Olathe Subaru in Kansas (where I purchased from) has the lifetime powertrain included in all of their new car sales. It is limited to $6,000 and looks like you need to keep good documentation of all of your service. Additionally they require that the oil be changed at least every 6,000 miles. Synthetic can go 7,500 between oil changes so make sure you read the fine print.

I plan to keep my 13 past even my Subaru 100K extended warranty as I will have new drivers in the household in 3 years.
I doubt these policies rarely pay out, but hey if the CVT goes out at 110,000 miles I have a chance of coverage (assuming dealer still here or company that wrote the policy)
Paul

·
Registered
211 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
2013OB
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing