Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over warrenty by 700 miles, will Subaru help?

I have a 2001 Outback LL Bean and I love it. But, when driving last night, it cruised a little sluggish and then pulled, and back to sluggish. When we stopped and then accelerated it shifted harshly, and also takes off much faster and keeps the rpms up when slowing down.
I have 60,700 miles, and the warranty say 60,000! Of course! Will they still honor the warranty? I want to believe they will but reality is often very cruel.
I have read some of the posts on the transmission problems and it seems very systematic. Any advise would be great. I love the car, and would hate to have this ruin it.

M.

·
Registered
1996 OBS
61 Posts
Depends. Some dealers are better than other w/ 'goodwill' repairs outside of warranty. Have you had your car regularly serviced at the dealer? If so, that may help in your case. If nothing else, call up SOA and ask for some assistance.

--Josh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only owned the car since Dec. '03, and had some recall work done by the dealer. SOA said I needed to talk to the service manager and maybe to the district manager.

Has anyone had luck with getting service when over the warrenty?

M.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,560 Posts
I have read of several folks getting service to mostly bigger ,more expensive systems (tranny, engine, diffs) under warranty or other arrangement (you pay for parts, SOA/dealer supplies free labor,etc.) well outside of the warranty. But it usually requires a 'meeting' (sometimes approval over the phone) with the SOA zone rep.

Also, if it is a problem which has been worked on before will help your case, try to get a repair history if you can contact the original owner or the dealer where it was serviced.

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts