Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we've had a persistent leak in the trunk of our 2010 Outback. After a heavy rain, the door leaks WHEN OPENED to get in the cargo area. There is no standing water until you open the door and then it comes pouring in. It comes from the seam in the internal plastic trim pieces that are right at head height when the door is opened, to the left as you're looking in the trunk area.

Then in a recent heavy rain here I've got water coming in just above and to the left of the driver's head - right where the plastic trim coming up from the dash meets the fabric that runs along the side of the car. A slow steady drip that is making the fabric area dark. When you push on the plastic trim some more water comes out.

I poured warm water along the sides of the sunroof and the water successfully drains out by the tires, so it doesn't seem to be the common sunroof drain tube clog. Unless on the very far off chance I cleared it out with that bit of warm water???

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I searched around and couldn't find a similar problem, hopefully this is not something already discussed.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Sounds like the leak on the interior of the A Pillar is near the airbag. I could be affected and should be checked out. Have you tried to get warranty service on this yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haven't taken it in yet, was thinking it was that sunroof drain which I could fix but will certainly take it in if it's more complicated.

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
haven't taken it in yet, was thinking it was that sunroof drain which I could fix but will certainly take it in if it's more complicated.

thanks!
If you're under Warrany, bring it in immediately. Once you go past the mileage, you're on your own even though there is a Service Bulletin on it.

I blew through the 60,000km in 2 years because of the amount I drive so they claim it's normal wear and tear. :28:

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
738 Posts
I had that exact same leak in the rear from the hatchback lid, I took it to a dealer took them 2 days to find the leak had to do with the third brake light. They removed the brake light and resealed it remounted it in place and after several hard rains and my best efforts to cause it to leak can say for sure it is fixed. My car is a 2010 I bought as a cert. used and bought the 7yr / 100k warranty on I had it fixed a month ago with 41k on it and they did cover it 100%

Good luck with the leak in front sound to me it may be from around the windshield, may need to be removed and resealed but get the dealer to look at it and document it properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts