Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week after 4" of rain there was a big puddle on the floor behind the drivers seat enough to soak a double beach towel. the car was parked on my steep drive way facing uphill. The next day after no more rain the puddle was back enough to fill a glass. After drying the floor the best i could I sprayed with high pressure water nozzle around the driver and passenger window and doors, front windshield and drivers side roof rack. No sign of leaks or water on the floor. Today its been raining hard all day just went out and checked and there is like an inch of water under the carpet behind the driver seat. No water in front of the drivers seat or on the passenger side. No sign of water on the headliner, windows, doors or pillars. I don't have a sunroof and the car has not been moved all day. I'm baffeled!!

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
919 Posts
Has your windshield ever been replaced? With no sunroof, a leak in the windshield gasket would be my first guess.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
1,443 Posts
Since you were parked facing uphill, a leak from the front would find its way to the passenger footwell. However, there would be evidence of water in the driver footwell too since there is a "berm" or "levee" under the driver's seat the water would have to rise above to get to the back.

Given that, I would suspect a leak from the door. Generally speaking, doors have drain holes to let water out (since the window seals cannot perfectly keep out water). If the drain holes are blocked, it may be possible for water to rise up in the door enough to drain into the interior. Shake the door and listen for sounds of water slosh. Your high pressure spray test may not have been effective to duplicate a deluge. Try running a large of volume of water from the roof over the door.
That's my theory.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
And maybe even post your findings if/when you resolve them. It may help someone in the future.

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited
24 Posts
I have the same issue. Water randomly fills Weathertech drivers floor mat. I live in Western Oregon and it rains a lot. I've now noticed this twice, parked on my flat driveway.

I'll try to track it down, but it's only happened twice now so I was wondering if anyone had a solution?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
919 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? If so, the culprit is usually a clogged sunroof drain hose. I just reamed out both of my sunroof front drain hoses over the weekend.

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited
24 Posts
Ok thanks Jon. I do have a sunroof so I'll clean those out today. Hopefully that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts