Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Ltd. BBP w/SAP
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2013 2.5i Outback in Brilliant Brown Pearl. Upon bringing my Outback home I washed and put a coat of McQueurs polish. We had some recent thunderstorms and with the forest fires in the area it left some pretty mean water spots. I have washed the car and applied another coat of polish but the waters spots are still there, suggestions?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2007 outback 2.5i
271 Posts
wash the car like you normally would.

rinse it.

put a cup or so of white vinegar into a gallon bucket, fill the rest with water.

get a micro fiber and wipe down the car with the vinegar solution, panel by panel.

start from the top and work your way down, rinse and dry as you go.

do this in the shade.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hello all...

Living in NH with hard water, it's unavoidable to encounter water spots.

Instead of using clay, I've been using one of the plastic polishes to remove spots....less efforts than clay and ya have to wipe up after clay anyway so it a one step, easy process. If you want to get water spots off glass, Mothers has glass spot remover/cleaner that which works very well...... I don't know how harsh it is so I wouldn't use it on the paint finish.

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,428 Posts
You mentioned forest fires. Wood ash is caustic and may have either come down mixed with the rain, or settled on the beaded up water after the rain stopped. Hopefully the spots are just cosmetic and and can be simply polished or waxed out with a high end product. The suggestions above look good.

It should help that you already had a good coat of wax to begin with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keep in mind Wax will never remove any defects in the clear coat and or paint. You can rub it in for hours and it wont do anything. You need polish with an abrasive in it to get bad water stains out. I would suggest trying some Detail spray and see if this dwelling on the spots will remove them. I Say let the product (I use Adams Detail Spray) will remove after sitting for 2 minutes or so. Dont be stingy and use enough. If not go to a polish, you need to start out more abrasive and step down but by bit. If you dont have confidence to do so, find a good detailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts