Subaru Outback Forums banner

621 - 634 of 634 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
Update we have Multi-Quote back...

How To Multi-Quote
Step 1: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will popup for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A Small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

Jeff M
Update we have Multi-Quote back...

How To Multi-Quote
Step 1: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will popup for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A Small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

Jeff M
I think the "selected text to multi-quote" is new, and I can see it being useful.

Glad to see multi-quote back. Tnx

(Keep them coming!)
Looks pretty simple to use as well. Nice!

·
Registered
203 Posts
... You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. ...
After having that feature on other forums I use, that’s the function I often wished we had. Nice to see we now have it. (y)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
The multi quote is not new. Been able to multi quote all along. Just had to press the reply button for each post you wanted to quote (or selected text) and the editor box would be populated with each quoted post. Will even keep it in the editor box if you leave the forum and come back later.

·
Administrator
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
The multi quote is not new. Been able to multi quote all along. Just had to press the reply button for each post you wanted to quote (or selected text) and the editor box would be populated with each quoted post. Will even keep it in the editor box if you leave the forum and come back later.
Correct this is just a new enhanced user-friendly revision.

Jeff M

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
something's wrong with some attached images - started today. I noted it with some from tapatalk, and then a few in people's signatures. All that's shown is a broken image resource icon.... Right mouse clicking and "view image" redirects you to a page that just says "forbidden".

An example of this would be the very first post in this thread (so you can see what I'm talking about).

Just a FYI to look into.

·
Administrator
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
something's wrong with some attached images - started today. I noted it with some from tapatalk, and then a few in people's signatures. All that's shown is a broken image resource icon.... Right mouse clicking and "view image" redirects you to a page that just says "forbidden".

An example of this would be the very first post in this thread (so you can see what I'm talking about).

Just a FYI to look into.
They have been working on an image issue and looks like this is in the process of being resolved now.

Are you still seeing the issue?

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Advanced Search is back.

Let us know what you think, tutorial to come shortly.

Jeff M
You will need to let folks know how to use the option. Need to click the 3 dot menu to the right of your avatar for the advanced search option or actually search the community then the advanced search option will appear.

·
Administrator
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Simply enter your search word or phrase and click enter on your keyboard.

How To Access Advanced Search

If you have already entered your search words in the search bar but want to narrow down your results or choose to search only certain forum selections, click on “Advanced Search”.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from the scroll menu within search in forums.

If you prefer to go directly to advanced search, you can access it under the 3 vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of the community.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
15,918 Posts
I broke down and chose an appropriate avatar for the circle format. This was a caricature, of tdck about a month ago at my company's 40th Anniversary. You know caraciture artists..."what are you into?"

All I had to say was I owned (2) Outback XT's.

:love:

The sizing is just horrible. Click my profile if you want to see a better pic

·
Administrator
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
I broke down and chose an appropriate avatar for the circle format. This was a caricature, of tdck about a month ago at my company's 40th Anniversary. You know caraciture artists..."what are you into?"

All I had to say was I owned (2) Outback XT's.

:love:

The sizing is just horrible. Click my profile if you want to see a better pic
Nice,

I was in a demo yesterday and larger avatar images are coming in the near future, I think we will be increasing it 20 pixels or so for desktop. Stand by for updates.

Jeff M

621 - 634 of 634 Posts